2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I just replaced my driver side after my camber had gotten progressively worse over the last year. I'm not sure you have the PNs identified correctly. This is what I bought. Camber and all alignment points are now in spec.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Document

Applications:
L Plus 4x4. With Tech Connect Package 4x4. With Tech Connect Package FWD.

Confusing: PN 05090073AE is for the same applications but costs $568.98

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
I just replaced my driver side after my camber had gotten progressively worse over the last year. I'm not sure you have the PNs identified correctly. This is what I bought. Camber and all alignment points are now in spec. View attachment 220482
Applications:
L Plus 4x4. With Tech Connect Package 4x4. With Tech Connect Package FWD.

Confusing: PN 05090073AE is for the same applications but costs $568.98
Hmmmmm.

I compared the two from the same reseller, looking closely at pics :

Now... the casting is different. 073 seems more 'beefy'. Also, they list the 073 as compatible for 2014 to 2018, while 071 is good for 2014 to 2022... go figure...

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
74 Posts
Hmmmmm.

I compared the two from the same reseller, looking closely at pics :

Now... the casting is different. 073 seems more 'beefy'. Also, they list the 073 as compatible for 2014 to 2018, while 071 is good for 2014 to 2022... go figure...
The number may have superseded and the part changed ever so slightly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just went through this and wanted to share how I did this.
I removed the top bushings with a ball joint remover and went to napa to find something close. What I found is 267-4492. It's the same type of bushing width and bolt size are the same but it's a hair bigger. I used a cylinder hone to get the hole a little bigger. About 0.01 and then was able to press in with some heat. Will post pictures of sizes. Picture of bushing installed down below View attachment 217815
View attachment 217817
View attachment 217818
View attachment 217816
View attachment 217814
Thank you for the write up! Very helpful. Do you or anyone on here know what we could use to replace the lower bushing as well? Mine is in pretty rough shape and want to do them all at once. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The number may have superseded and the part changed ever so slightly
Hi every one, being doing alot of work on this one. The 70ae and 71ae are for off road and the 72ae and 73ae are for sda normal suspension as far as I can tell. It makes no sense as the normal 72, 73 cost considerably more. Quoted 1300.00ea at dealership. They can say any price they want though because they are like unicorns and dont exist(I'm exaggerating) but the back orders are crazy with no date of coming back in stock. I found a set at a recycler with less than 100km and a tenth of the price. Just sharing what I've found

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Cscott4758, thank you for your posts, I am in same boat, Canada, Ontario, dealer wants $1700 to replace right rear knuckle and same as you no stock/back ordered.
I would like to consider recycler/wrecker as you did. Could you share who the recycler was so I can see if they can help me out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am hoping to just replace the bushings.
DORMAN has a kit 3 bushings, DORMAN BKK82685, haven't found price yet or stock
website page

My plan is to get a wrecked/salvaged one and replace them on that one then swap onto vehicle. I don't want to risk damaging the one on the vehicle and then have a no drive situation.

Just occurred to me, Cscott4758, do you still have your old ones? I could buy from you and experiment and then report out to forum how it went.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am hoping to just replace the bushings.
DORMAN has a kit 3 bushings, DORMAN BKK82685, haven't found price yet or stock
website page

My plan is to get a wrecked/salvaged one and replace them on that one then swap onto vehicle. I don't want to risk damaging the one on the vehicle and then have a no drive situation.

Just occurred to me, Cscott4758, do you still have your old ones? I could buy from you and experiment and then report out to forum how it went.
I am getting them switched out next week if your near Windsor ontario they are yours

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Cscott4758, thank you for your posts, I am in same boat, Canada, Ontario, dealer wants $1700 to replace right rear knuckle and same as you no stock/back ordered.
I would like to consider recycler/wrecker as you did. Could you share who the recycler was so I can see if they can help me out?
Charlie123, Hanks auto wrecker in St Clement Ontario had my set. If you have off road suspension then Dover Auto Wrecker in Chatham Ont, has a vehicle under 100k for under 200.00 a side I think. Mine is standard SDA suspension. The other thing I did was called a dealership parts dept and gave them my VIN and the wrecks VIN to make sure they where same suspension. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am getting them switched out next week if your near Windsor ontario they are yours
Hi CScott4758, I appreciate your offer, I would love to come get your old ones. My cell is 519-872-7762 I am near London. Have you swapped them out yet? Did it solve the problem? If not I can try doing the new bushings and see if that works and give you back my set. I have hydraulic press. I have ordered the bushing set, from NAPA but they have not come in yet.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts