2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure they just put the same damn sticker on all of them...LOL
Quite possible. Anyone have a picture of their max payload OTHER than 900 lbs? Preferably a Trailhawk.

If I go to the Mopar owner's site, it lists my Max Payload as 1230 lbs. That's 330 lbs over the door placard. But the owner's manual states to never exceed the weight limits on the placard.

No sunroof, I test drove one that had and the headroom just wasn't there for the taller folks or us that wear hats. Pic of the Max payload..
Can you post the Max Payload as found in the Mopar owner's site for your VIN? That might give another clue if the sunroof eats into the payload (assuming yours is over 1230 lbs).

Otherwise, I'm sticking with B.S. on the sunroof weighing significant enough to affect anything. Barring a surprise on Max Payload, there's not enough difference for FCA to care, so I don't either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Just in from Jeep information center.

Hello Mr. XXXXXXX,

This is a courtesy email response regarding your recent communication with Jeep Customer Care concerning the 2020 Jeep Cherokee lineup.

Per your inquiry regarding the sunroof weight, the frame is 40 lbs. rear glass 21lbs and front glass 27 for a grand total of 88lbs.

Off-Road Information Pages are available on the Latitude Plus 4x4 and Latitude Lux 4x4 when equipped with the UConnect 4C NAV 8.4 system.
It is additionally included on the Limited 4x4 with the optional Elite Package.
It is included with the Trailhawk when selecting the optional Sun, Sound & NAV group.
They are also included as standard with the High Altitude 4x4 trim level.

I trust this information will further assist with your inquiry. Our best suggestion would be for you to continue to work with your preferred Jeep dealership. Your preferred Jeep dealership is the best resource to walk you through the factory order process and will have the most up-to-date factory order product information.

Thank you for your interest, John.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Jeep Information Center
O|||||||O

·
Registered
638 Posts
This is a courtesy email response regarding your recent communication with Jeep Customer Care concerning the 2020 Jeep Cherokee lineup.

Off-Road Information Pages are available on the Latitude Plus 4x4 and Latitude Lux 4x4 when equipped with the UConnect 4C NAV 8.4 system.
It is additionally included on the Limited 4x4 with the optional Elite Package.
It is included with the Trailhawk when selecting the optional Sun, Sound & NAV group.
They are also included as standard with the High Altitude 4x4 trim level.
Did they mean 2021 Jeep Cherokee lineup? There is no "Elite Package" or "Sun, Sound & Nav group" for 2020. For sure there are no Off-Road Information Pages on ANY 2020 model. I wonder if this is just another empty promise. I guess we'll find out as soon as someone takes delivery of a 2021 model that's supposed to have it. BTW - this settles another forum discussion of whether a 4C NAV is needed for the off-road pages. I'm SOL even if FCA (soon to be "Stellantis") decides to back-fit into 2019/2020 models.

Per your inquiry regarding the sunroof weight, the frame is 40 lbs. rear glass 21lbs and front glass 27 for a grand total of 88lbs.
Hallelujah! A definitive answer on sunroof weight! I'm bookmarking this for future forum discussions of said topic!

Still, it's interesting that 60-ish lbs of rock rails and 88 lbs of sunroof has zero impact on placard payload. Must be "one placard fits all".

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm not too disappointed by the off road pages thing (since I don't have NAV), I might just get a lockpick and then I can display whatever I want on the screen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Does anybody know how much the two rear passenger seats weigh? I'll be taking them out to save as much weight as possible. Let the debate begin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess you can order a 2021 Trailhawk and just add all of the options to it, as I don't see anything that you can't order...other than the heated rear seats that they refuse to offer on the Trailhawk.
Swung by my nearest dealer last night to see about ordering a 2021 and there's one option they couldn't figure out how to add: seat memory. Probably sounds like a dumb feature to most people, but my wife and I have over a foot height difference and this is by far one of our favorite features on our current cars. Which is weird because the FCA product info sheet shows it's a package option (but of course none of the packages on the same sheet include it) - if anyone happens to know that it's included in the comfort or tech package or something, lemme know and I'll go order a 2021 immediately. Looks like we're on the hunt for a 2019/2020 :/

Apparently they also can't order a trailhawk with the 2.0l, which is in-line with the FCA product info. It also looks like the 3.2l's efficiency is up to 29mpg highway. That makes up for a lot of the trade off for us, but others might be more disappointed in not having the option for more torque than I am. I mean, I am disappointed but it's less of a big deal for me than the seat memory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
boom baby, fresh off the lot!

I specifically asked about Off-Road pages when the sales guy showed me all the features. He said that does not exist in the 2020 TH, but did show me some menu under the NAV where I can record a trail and save it for future use.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
As an example though,almost 7 years ago when I got my 2014 ADII Limited. It had EVERY option but the wireless charging pad. it was almost 43000 Canadian, and now the same thing costs over $50000 for the same damn vehicle, isn't inflation wonderful....

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
It's interesting that the window sticker says Trailhawk ELITE when it's not supposed to be available for MY2021. Maybe it's a Canada option?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Swung by my nearest dealer last night to see about ordering a 2021 and there's one option they couldn't figure out how to add: seat memory. Probably sounds like a dumb feature to most people, but my wife and I have over a foot height difference and this is by far one of our favorite features on our current cars. Which is weird because the FCA product info sheet shows it's a package option (but of course none of the packages on the same sheet include it) - if anyone happens to know that it's included in the comfort or tech package or something, lemme know and I'll go order a 2021 immediately. Looks like we're on the hunt for a 2019/2020 :/

Apparently they also can't order a trailhawk with the 2.0l, which is in-line with the FCA product info. It also looks like the 3.2l's efficiency is up to 29mpg highway. That makes up for a lot of the trade off for us, but others might be more disappointed in not having the option for more torque than I am. I mean, I am disappointed but it's less of a big deal for me than the seat memory.
The 2021MY window sticker shows seat memory. I have a RAM with that option and love it. Not for seat memory but for the radio memory. It doubles my radio presets when I press memory 2.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Didn't the poster above say he had a 2021, according to the 2021's in Canada if you have the 8.4 Nav radio you also get Offroad Pages
That means that its right on the sticker it has offroad pages so poster above check your radio and take some pictures..........

Canadian specifications shouldn't be that much different. Canada sometimes gets different named trims. Example, we have the "North" which is the "Latitude" model in the states.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts