2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Nope, I also have a 2018 and needed the update. They're obviously having problems with their database as mine also said it was up to date when I checked the VIN, but it was still running the older software and NAV was out of whack.

Check your system software to see what version you are running. If it's under 18.45.01, you need the update. In my case, I had 17.43.01 installed, but the website said I was up to date. I had to open a case with Uconnect support and have it escalated to get someone with more than 3 active brain cells to make the update available for my VIN. Once they did and I updated, all my NAV issues went away.

I'll double check my VIN again...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll double check my VIN again...
I would double check your current software version first. Use the screenshot I posted.

If you have 18.45.01, you're good. If you have an older version, check the driveuconnect.com site again. If it still shows you're up to date, open a case with Uconnect support and press them until you get it fixed. It took me a few weeks of calling and social media posts until someone finally figured out there was a problem and got me the update.

Attachments

Reactions: XJ99

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I forgot about this thread.
I tried the screen shot above and this is what pops up...

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was to by a u connect customer service rep, you have to use a Kingston usb or a Kensington flash drive to get the "best results"

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,489 Posts
What was the new usb called? I’ve tried multiple with the same files not supported result.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
^^^Make sure your usb sticks are formatted in the older FAT32 format if you haven't already.^^^

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have that same issue, tried 8 different usb sticks (kingston also) and all give "files not supported" no help from uconnect people..
I have that same issue, tried 8 different usb sticks (kingston also) and all give "files not supported" no help from uconnect people..
Hey I had that problem I took it to the dealer and called uconnect once it's there wait till your dealership call you and say you need a radio call uconnect and file a claim that's what I did got a brand new radio

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,489 Posts
Hey I had that problem I took it to the dealer and called uconnect once it's there wait till your dealership call you and say you need a radio call uconnect and file a claim that's what I did got a brand new radio
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also having issues with my 2015 jeep cherokee. I have version 18.11.07 and the new one is 18.45. Downloaded new software on 8 gb usb drive but when i put it in nothing happens? Now what?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I am also having issues with my 2015 jeep cherokee. I have version 18.11.07 and the new one is 18.45. Downloaded new software on 8 gb usb drive but when i put it in nothing happens? Now what?
See my post #32 about the FAT32 format.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Put swdl.upd on the thumb drive, make sure there are no other files on the thumb drive, make sure there is nothing in the USB ports.
I used a 4GB SanDisk Cruzer thumb drive. It is USB 2.0 and FAT32
I was running the engine at idle the whole time.
A swdlLog.txt file will be written to the thumb drive when the installation is complete.
Verify your software level by looking at the Uconnect screen in your vehicle.
Uconnect has the full instructions someplace, I found them and followed them and the install worked.
Took about 30 minutes and had to open and close the drivers door several times. It was brutal.

Never heard of 18.11.07, do you mean 17.11.07?
17.11.07 only applies to Canada and Mexico. Refer to TSB 08-071-17

Also, refer to "IMPORTANT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION VB3" available from FCA.

I received a post card with a USB with the update files on it. It is VIN specific.
There are 25 different software versions that can be updated to 18.45.01.
10 of the versions can only be updated by your dealer.
I have the chart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry you're having concerns with the update. Can you please confirm that you're using a USB larger than 4GB? We would recommend using the Kingston brand for the best results. Please feel free to PM us with more details and I would be happy to open a case for you.
Alison
JeepCares
Tried this 4 times with a 32gb flash drive and keep getting files not supported. Can you help? Because honestly jeep customer care and unconnect have been not so helpful to say the least.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts