2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
So I would not be able to put HIDs in? If this is true, what are the best halogen bulbs for the KL that you can recommend?
Oh no-no, sorry... yes you can install HIDs. You need an HID kit, like previously discussed (you mentionned a GTR Lighting kit). These kits are designed specifically for halogen equipped Cherokees.
Only reason why I asked about the Luxury Group is that I've seen one or two forum members come in here asking for HIDs while they already had factory HIDs in their Limited (with Luxury Group...). So every time someone shows up asking about upgrading headlights on a 2014-2016 Limited, I ask, just in case. These HID kits do not fit in OEM HID projectors.... so I want to make sure folks get what they really need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh no-no, sorry... yes you can install HIDs. You need an HID kit, like previously discussed (you mentionned a GTR Lighting kit). These kits are designed specifically for halogen equipped Cherokees.
Only reason why I asked about the Luxury Group is that I've seen one or two forum members come in here asking for HIDs while they already had factory HIDs in their Limited (with Luxury Group...). So every time someone shows up asking about upgrading headlights on a 2014-2016 Limited, I ask, just in case. These HID kits do not fit in OEM HID projectors.... so I want to make sure folks get what they really need.
Thank you thank you!

I have also just ordered the xptrite fog lights in amber. As per your suggestion! Thank you once more!

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Thank you thank you!

I have also just ordered the xptrite fog lights in amber. As per your suggestion! Thank you once more!
Installing the Xprites is a fun project. Crank steering wheel, peel back the front wheel well liner (remove 3 small screws). Access to fog lamps is tight. Each fog lamp is secured with 3 small screws, and they are not easy to handle. Make sure you have different 1/4'' socket extensions and a U-joint adapter (or a wobble extension), because you will need angle to get to a few of those bolts. Once installed, I had to adjust aim on my new Xprites as factory aim was way too low. Just don't aim them too high. I didn't secure the wheel well liners right away, allowing some time to complete aim adjustments on a quiet dark road.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installing the Xprites is a fun project. Crank steering wheel, peel back the front wheel well liner (remove 3 small screws). Access to fog lamps is tight. Each fog lamp is secured with 3 small screws, and they are not easy to handle. Make sure you have different 1/4'' socket extensions and a U-joint adapter (or a wobble extension), because you will need angle to get to a few of those bolts. Once installed, I had to adjust aim on my new Xprites as factory aim was way too low. Just don't aim them too high. I didn't secure the wheel well liners right away, allowing some time to complete aim adjustments on a quiet dark road.
Is there a better way to install the fog lights? Would taking the tire off make this easier?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts