2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock roof rails from a Trailhawk. They have wear marks where the crossbars were mounted.

$20 + associated shipping costs. I still need to find a suitable box.

Or free local pickup in Solano County, CA.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Registered
596 Posts
The stock roof rails from a Trailhawk. They have wear marks where the crossbars were mounted.

$20 + associated shipping costs. I still need to find a suitable box.

Or free local pickup in Solano County, CA.

What did you replace them with? Something cooler than stock???

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you replace them with? Something cooler than stock???
Sorry for not replying, I didn't realize I'm no longer getting notifications.

Yes, something cooler than stock. I got a police light bar up there now =DDD

Nah, I got the RRO rails and crossbars and mounted my basket to those. I had problems last year while trekking through a very desolate area, the basket had repeated contact with low-hanging limbs, which led to the crossbars (which are held in place by friction alone) getting knocked loose from the roof rails. I nearly lost my basket and everything in it, but the geometry luckily didn't allow for the setup to come all the way off the roof, it was just freely moving around within the confines of the side rails.

The RRO setup solved this problem, after I put a bolt through each crossbar mount and through the side rail where they each connect at. The crossbars (with basket attached) cannot possibly move unless all four 1/4" bolts get sheared off. More likely is that my whole roof will get ripped off the top of the vehicle!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP for last call! I'm moving next week and these aren't coming with me. If nobody stakes a claim this weekend, I'm gonna trash them.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sorry for not replying, I didn't realize I'm no longer getting notifications.

Yes, something cooler than stock. I got a police light bar up there now =DDD

Nah, I got the RRO rails and crossbars and mounted my basket to those. I had problems last year while trekking through a very desolate area, the basket had repeated contact with low-hanging limbs, which led to the crossbars (which are held in place by friction alone) getting knocked loose from the roof rails. I nearly lost my basket and everything in it, but the geometry luckily didn't allow for the setup to come all the way off the roof, it was just freely moving around within the confines of the side rails.

The RRO setup solved this problem, after I put a bolt through each crossbar mount and through the side rail where they each connect at. The crossbars (with basket attached) cannot possibly move unless all four 1/4" bolts get sheared off. More likely is that my whole roof will get ripped off the top of the vehicle!

Nice...Post a picture of the new setup if you haven't already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts