2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever find a good wireless light controller possibly with a remote? I like the MFC power distribution center, but I would prefer not to run any more wires through my firewall. Found plenty of wireless options, but they are all smartphone app controlled. Hoping to find a product without using an app. Even something with a compatible android auto app would work.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts
Basically, anything on Android Auto IS a smartphone app...
So, find something that can use an Android App, and look at seeing if that app can be run over Android Auto! ( XDA Developers ) :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, anything on Android Auto IS a smartphone app...
So, find something that can use an Android App, and look at seeing if that app can be run over Android Auto! ( XDA Developers ) :cool:
Interesting. And that program you linked will work with ANY app? If so, that would probably solve my problem 😂

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts
Interesting. And that program you linked will work with ANY app? If so, that would probably solve my problem 😂
No, I was just suggesting that it is possible.
Also, since you are running Android Auto,
that means you also can access the Google Assistant.
So, don't forget apps that can be controlled by voice! :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I was just suggesting that it is possible.
Also, since you are running Android Auto,
that means you also can access the Google Assistant.
So, don't forget apps that can be controlled by voice! :cool:
Yeah I just dont want to be pulling my phone out all the time to utilize offroad lighting. If I can just get the controls on screen to use that would work. Found a power distribution center by garmin, but it uses their app, so if I can use that linked program above to have the app on android auto, that would be solid.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
433 Posts
If you have the home link, you can use the garage door buttons, or probably even by a cheap opener and program it with some of the kits. It doesn't need to push much current as long as you use relays for all the lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts