2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We only received 6” more or less in certain areas of the claimed 7-10+”. There was rain beforehand, so there was a nice layer of ice beneath all of the snow when it was said and done. Now there is mostly just ice and packed

Overall the Cherokee did well along with the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails. The amber fog lamp overlays also did great when the snow was still coming down!

The first picture is from this evening, and the bottom two were from this morning. (I did have to wipe off the radar’s lens once)

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Cloud Atmosphere Automotive lighting Watercraft Headlamp

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I had my window frozen shut again today. Every time I got back into my car my wipers (front and rear) were frozen to the glass again. My rear hatch and liftgate motor was not happy with me when I opened it with a layer of ice on the hatch. I had icicles that went down the sides of my vehicle all the way to the ground and fused with the ground. Still can't tell if my front windshield heating element does anything.

Reactions: j3r3myCs

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had my window frozen shut again today. Every time I got back into my car my wipers (front and rear) were frozen to the glass again. My rear hatch and liftgate motor was not happy with me when I opened it with a layer of ice on the hatch. I had icicles that went down the sides of my vehicle all the way to the ground and fused with the ground. Still can't tell if my front windshield heating element does anything.
I always take silicone in the spray can and a rag to the weatherstripping to prevent that from happening. I also always put up my wipers. Once I let it warm up the heated wiper park is very helpful.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s not too bad! Thank you, you as well!
oh man that looks rough. we've had it easy so far this year. I know it won't last all season. good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Latitude FWD
198 Posts
We only received 6” more or less in certain areas of the claimed 7-10+”. There was rain beforehand, so there was a nice layer of ice beneath all of the snow when it was said and done. Now there is mostly just ice and packed

Overall the Cherokee did well along with the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails. The amber fog lamp overlays also did great when the snow was still coming down!

The first picture is from this evening, and the bottom two were from this morning. (I did have to wipe off the radar’s lens once)

View attachment 217820 View attachment 217822
View attachment 217821
I don't miss it.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I lived in the PNW most of of my life, between Snoqualmie and Green Water.
I really miss the snow, but can get to it with 3 hours in the "mountains." :cool:
I see the PNW getting dumped on, and wish my Jeep and I were there!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I really miss the snow, but can get to it with 3 hours in the "mountains." :cool:
This might help you with missing the snow a bit less ~ :oops:

I do like the snow though ~ just don't like the entry/exit of my driveway on a hillside.

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This might help you with missing the snow a bit less ~ :oops:

I do like the snow though ~ just don't like the entry/exit of my driveway on a hillside.

View attachment 217830
We’re supposed to get more snow Thursday to Friday, so I can’t wait for that. My driveway is almost straight up, so I feel you there. Sometimes it’s a slip ‘n’ slide 😛

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It would make for a good trip! I just love the snow for the scenery mostly, but most people hate it here. They always say they’re going to leave, but they never do!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday morning when it was all wrapped up! Ice Ice Baby! Most of it has now melted, oddly enough this time the lower elevations received more snow than the higher ones.
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Snow

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
@4:35... the song... Low Rider LOL.

Reactions: 1coopgt61 and XJ99

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,889 Posts
I don't quite think my stock Trailhawk can handle that much snow. 🤣 🤣
You'd be surprised, mine blasted right through about 17" of unplowed heavy wet stuff effortlessly last week in auto mode. I've pushed through fresh powder so deep, it was coming up over the hood one time before I lifted it, and with the factory Firestone Destination A/T's still on it...😎

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
You'd be surprised, mine blasted right through about 17" of unplowed heavy wet stuff effortlessly last week in auto mode. I've pushed through fresh powder so deep, it was coming up over the hood one time before I lifted it, and with the factory Firestone Destination A/T's still on it...😎
Where those guys went, no stock anything can move there, except maybe a Sherp, a Snow Cat or mountain tracked snowmobile ;)

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,889 Posts
Here's another good one from a trail here in Utah that I've been across numerous times, though not yet in the Trailhawk. I think I'll do it on the next trip down to Moab. The dude in the KL is a far more skilled offroader than the dude in the JK...😎

1 - 20 of 44 Posts