2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Looks more like they're after Subaru more than Jeep. No Low Range available. The new Honda Passport is being promoted as "off-road capable" too. It's a shortened Pilot with a different front-end.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks pretty good. And about the same size as a Explorer or Traverse. I’d say they’re trying to compete with them. And show what they can out do them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem I have is they used modified vehicles to do the off-road course for which you can't even buy Kia accessories for.

·
Registered
9,096 Posts
It's an auto show. In the US. This is typical marketing behavior to get some attention, not unlike what they do with prototypes. Kia doesn't care if they don't offer a *trail rated* model with their own off-roading mods, they just want to look meaner than Toyota, Nissan and Honda, the class leaders. I mean look at the departure angles on the stock Kia : you don't really off-road with that... I think this one looks like a Durango met an Escalade.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did I miss something? The course didn't look all that challenging... Just a tiny loop track with a small hump and a few flat rocks along the back stretch..

Other than having more seating and cargo room, I can't see it being much of a challenger.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I say "Why Not", Bring it on. They are trying to break into the stream of Cool looking ORV's and like others have said, "Its the Auto Show" which doesn't nessassaraly mean squat when touting minimally available aftermarket bobbles. Cant go to the KIA dealer and say "I want one of those but you can go to the Jeep dealer and say I want a Wrangler/Rubicon or TrailHawk of many platforms that will smoke the KIA wannabe offroader. On the other hand In my area, seems every other vehicle on the road is a Jeep of some flavor and I would guess that 90% have not left the pavement (excluding those that live on many dirt roads that still exist). It's more of an image/status to have a Jeep and the ability to thumb ones nose at those that can't cope with a snow day as they are effortlessly cruising into work in the Blizzard. I stopped going to the auto show here in Detroit many years ago. Too crowded, can't get near anything to get a good look kids running wild. So me vehicles roped off and locked up, high cost (parking, entry fee, food, lines etc). Not enjoyable anymore. Just my $.02

Reactions: Good1Brian

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Seeing as there isn't a 2 speed transfer case in this SUV it's not going to be a threat to jeep at all. Now low range = lacking offroad not sure why everyone thinks it's so great. Capability wise you can dress up anything but lack of low range hurts offroad big time.

The Grand Cherokee would i suppose be direct competitor but going from offroad specs the WK2 is far better offroad

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seeing as there isn't a 2 speed transfer case in this SUV it's not going to be a threat to jeep at all. Now low range = lacking offroad not sure why everyone thinks it's so great. Capability wise you can dress up anything but lack of low range hurts offroad big time.

The Grand Cherokee would i suppose be direct competitor but going from offroad specs the WK2 is far better offroad
Wow I didn’t realize the Roxor didn’t have low range! That’s so strange. Wonder if it’s geared really low since not for on road driving.

·
Registered
9,096 Posts
Wow I didn’t realize the Roxor didn’t have low range! That’s so strange. Wonder if it’s geared really low since not for on road driving.
Knowing Tyler, he was talking about the one in the first post, not the last one.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The Roxor is more of a farm truck/tractor. It's designed to tow nearly 4,000 lbs. and I think it has a PTO connection for power equipment as well. Not really a competitor to the sport SxS either. Plenty of videos and reviews of it on YouTube. ;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
And now Toyota is jumping into the circus... RAV4 TRD Off Road. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts