2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

601 - 615 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Won't be trading my 2000 Wrangler at the dealer but the Trailhawk will be taking over wants it gets here
Then I'll probably advertise it and sell it hate to see it go :frown:
To bring this post up to date I will not be selling the Wrangler I'm using it as my summer convertible :laugh: besides it's a 2000 with only 68,000 miles and the inline 6 cylinder is a bulletproof motor by today's standard :grin:

Reactions: Gnasher

·
Registered
5 Posts
Traded a 2000 GC with 300k miles on it. I would say I hated to see it go but... My Jeep is now one colour, working A/C and heat, the trans isn't leaking and slipping, the rear diff doesn't hum, it doesn't knock for the 1st 5 mins when I start it up.... you get the picture :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded in my 2013 Rubicon with a lots of mods for a new 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite with towing and sunroof and 8.4 Uconnect w NAV. The only reason I made the switch was that the Wrangler was in the shop in 2018 for 60 days and then 2019 for 158 days with the dealer chasing electrical issues. Thank goodness I bought the Mopar full warranty. So they did kind of a preferred buyback and I got 26k for the Jeep and put in 9k for the TH.

I used mine a lot offroad and could no longer trust it out in the middle of nowhere. As a also spent a lot of time and effort on upgrading it I also could not go back to a stock Jeep and start over again. The TH seems to be a good compromise as long as it is reliable. Not sure about the electronic 4WD but will test it later this year. Channels like Fearless Trailhawk give me some hope. ;).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't trade it in I ended up selling my 2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman to get my 2019 Cherokee Limited.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack (6.4L Hemi) Every option box checked. Its 10 months old, it has less than 3,000 miles on it.

Basically the Charger makes no sense for me now, not financially and not functionally. Its literally for days in the summer where its too hot to drive with the top down on the convertible or days in the fall where its too cold to drive with the top down on the convertible.

I live in Michigan, there are so few of those days and last winter I got by with driving the FWD convertible all winter because this was a very mild winter and I moved closer to work before the snow started. If it had been a typical winter, I would have been borrowing the significant other's Jeep and leaving both my cars sitting, not a good option.

I leased the Charger in July 2019 and I've driven it all of 30 times since then. It was in storage from October 1st 2019 to April 7th 2020. During that time I drove it once on a 70 mile round trip and put it back away. When I brought it out of storage, the battery was almost dead. Its not worth paying for a car that is going to sit like that.

At least with the Jeep it will get driven all winter, all spring, any days it rains or is too hot, which should be about 300 days a year here. I can justify having one 60 days a year driving car, not two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Traded in my Porsche 911 Cabrio (convertible) 4(AWD) on my '15 Trailhawk. Up in the Virginia range of the Sierra Nevada mountains, my daily commute to Carson City included a smooth asphalt, a few miles of smooth gravel and dirt, almost zero traffic, and 2500 feet of elevation change (my house was at 6400 feet). The awesome winding roads of my commute included the NV341 that the Ferrari Owners Club and Shelby Club rented for their their yearly hillclimb, perfect for a 911. Shod with Blizzaks, the Porsche was a very capable winter machine, up to the point where the spoiler would start to plow snow. However, there was a known internal engine design problem in certain models. The fix was expensive, a new engine astronomical. Solution: run it hard and see what happens. One day, I noticed the oil pressure would not go over 1 bar even when revved. With winter on the way, I drove to the Jeep dealer and traded it in. All in all, a great car, and there may be a newer one in my future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2003 4Runner

Head gasket was going, suspension was shot and the frame was rusting out bad. I loved it and still miss it! It had just shy of 300K,

I really wanted another 4Runner or a 4 door Wrangler. It just wasn't financially in the cards. Someday...

For now I am content with my Cherokee. I do wish the Latitude 4X4 was a bit more capable off road but it does what I need it to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded in my 2012 Jeep Liberty Limited- 102k(+) miles. It was like ripping out a piece of my heart to let lady Libs go, but the man insisted if I was offered a decent trade in- that's what I had to do. I loved that beautiful mess of a jeep, but that's what I traded in for my 2020 Cherokee Limited.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traded in a 2019 VW Atlas on my 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk and so far I love it. I had the Atlas since December and even though it was a good vehicle it was just too big for what my family and I need right now. We were looking to downsize and I had been looking at the trailhawks for a few weeks and it worked out great thanks to all the rebates on they have right now. I'm new to the off road game and figured this was a good vehicle to get my toes wet with and I couldn't be more excited with whats to come!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I traded in my 2013 Rubicon with a lots of mods for a new 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite with towing and sunroof and 8.4 Uconnect w NAV. The only reason I made the switch was that the Wrangler was in the shop in 2018 for 60 days and then 2019 for 158 days with the dealer chasing electrical issues. Thank goodness I bought the Mopar full warranty. So they did kind of a preferred buyback and I got 26k for the Jeep and put in 9k for the TH.

I used mine a lot offroad and could no longer trust it out in the middle of nowhere. As a also spent a lot of time and effort on upgrading it I also could not go back to a stock Jeep and start over again. The TH seems to be a good compromise as long as it is reliable. Not sure about the electronic 4WD but will test it later this year. Channels like Fearless Trailhawk give me some hope. ;). View attachment 210256 View attachment 210257 View attachment 210258
TH twins. How does yours look now, a year later? Any mods or upgrades?

I sold my 2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 for $7,700 cash the week after I bought mine. It had 156k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded my 2010 Dodge Caliber in for my 2020 Trailhawk. $2000 for the trade in. I kept the Caliber in really good shape and only had 66k km. Big change from the Caliber to the Trailhawk lol.

Reactions: Flybynightcru
601 - 615 of 615 Posts