2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

581 - 600 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ditched my 2012 Tahoe for the Trailhawk. It was great for a couple of years, then just started falling apart. Dashboard cracks on all of them and chevy wont to anything for you. serious hazard to have sharp pointy shards of plastic covering the airbags. I miss the space and 3rd row, but not the 12 mpg it got. Transmission leaking at 60k and went through 4 sets of brakes in 3 years/ 45k miles. seriously undersized brakes for the size of the vehicle. Great Initial quality as they advertise, but long term quality, not so much. they don't like to talk about that part.

in short $50k Tahoe fell apart in 4 years without a scratch on it. Pathetic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I traded a 2015 Ram Express Quad cab hemi 4×4 I bought new . Great truck only had 19000 miles but a little big and didn't really utilize all it had to offer except for a few extra grocery bags now and then lol .
Traded it in this weekend on a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4 pretty much loaded as far creature comforts . So far I'm loving it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I traded my 2011 Nissan Juke SV after some pretty extensive hail damage and a nice insurance check. That car gave me problems from the first 15,000 miles to the day I traded it. Good riddance and welcome to my 2016 High Altitude Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Traded in a 2013 Mini Cooper GP. It was fun and filled a purpose, but for commuting to the new job it just wasn't fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I ditched my 2012 Tahoe for the Trailhawk. It was great for a couple of years, then just started falling apart. Dashboard cracks on all of them and chevy wont to anything for you. serious hazard to have sharp pointy shards of plastic covering the airbags. I miss the space and 3rd row, but not the 12 mpg it got. Transmission leaking at 60k and went through 4 sets of brakes in 3 years/ 45k miles. seriously undersized brakes for the size of the vehicle. Great Initial quality as they advertise, but long term quality, not so much. they don't like to talk about that part.

in short $50k Tahoe fell apart in 4 years without a scratch on it. Pathetic.
Yeah I just love those "initial quality" awards. Imagine if that's how they evaluated medical care. It's a standard for idiots.

Reactions: dhh3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Traded in my loaded 15 WK2 SRT for a loaded 16 KL TH. Driving the SRT in nyc as a DD was like bug hunting with a 30lb sledge hammer. And honestly the fit and finish in the KL was better than the SRT.
Here's a few pics he day I was trading...the last pic was just before I swapped back to the summer factory wheels and tires before driving to dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded in my 2009 charger R/T AWD with 110,000mi for my new 2018 KL latitude. Honestly, I really loved my charger (come on, a practical family car with more than ample HP/TQ and AWD? What's not to love?), but last week it decided to eat a lifter and push rod, most likely damaging the cam. Considering how much I still owed on it, the mileage on the clock, the rust that was starting, and the cost to rebuild the top end of that 5.7l with VCT, I had my friend at the dealership see what he could get me into to avoid even more pain in the wallet region later down the road.

Initially I was trying to see if I could get into a truck, but that proved to be more than I could stomach payment wise. So we started looking at the cherokees he had in stock. He was able to get me set up in a brand new latitude for a decent price and even gave me more than I was hoping for in trade on the charger. (only about a grand below NADA trade in for one in pretty much perfect shape, even though he knew full well what the problems were with mine). Gotta say, I'm as happy as I could be given the financial circumstances.

So far I really like the KL, too. I have to admit that I wasn't exactly excited about going from a Mercedes-based modern muscle car with AWD and 368hp and 395lb ft of torque to a Fiat-based SUV with a 3.2l v6, but even with the lower-end ADI system I'm pretty impressed so far. The little pentastar seems to move it pretty well considering the jeep weighs about 100lbs more than the charger did and it makes about 100hp and 150lb ft less than my old hemi. I also had the chance to see how it did in the snow without even making it off the dealer's lot and it does seem more stable than the charger did (not that it was anywhere near bad in the snow, especially with the high performance winter tires I had on it). I miss the old charger, for sure, but so far the overall package that FCA made into the KL seems nice enough to soften the blow.

Now if I could only get over the fact that I feel like slightly less of a man driving the KL latitude while my wife enjoys that beautiful '18 JKU Rubicon Recon edition she picked up last month.... lol!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded in a 2013 Chrysler 200 Limited with a 3.6L V6 VVT, Leather seats, 6" Nav radio, and 33K miles over 5 years. Not the one based off the crappy Dart platform, but the original 200 based off of the Avenger platform. Moving the 200 to the Dart platform is what I think killed it as I would never of bought it. Trade in was worth $9,100.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Traded in a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GT with just over 195,000 kms. Dealer gave me $2000 for it. Put $5000 down and financed the rest at 0%. I bought the lancer used privately in March 2011 for $16,000. I had fun with it, played the modding game with it, experimented with it. But it was time for something a little more “adult.” But not quite with the Trailhawk ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Won't be trading my 2000 Wrangler at the dealer but the Trailhawk will be taking over wants it gets here
Then I'll probably advertise it and sell it hate to see it go :frown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
2010 Ford Ranger Sport 2wd 165,537 kms. They gave us $7500 Canadian in trade. We are happy to have received that much, as it needed a new rear bumper and was starting to rust along the bottom of both doors.

Cheers
Douglas

·
Registered
861 Posts
I could not part with my 2005 Mini Cooper S, so I put 5 grand down, and am doing financing for the rest of the cost. Besides, my Mini would've been worth maybe 3-4 grand at trade-in, so between loving the Mini too much, and what would've been a low trade-in, I have my utilty/daily driver vehicle, and my fun/weekend/project car to toy with. :D

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Traded in a 2015 Kia Sedona Mini-Van with 39,000 miles. It was a great vehicle, but I did not like it. Huge, took all the garage and the driving lanes...

Finally back into the Jeep brand. It feels good to have that name on the nose. The company has changed, but the legend lives on!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Traded in a 2016 Renegade Limited. It could not get out of it's own way. Scary trying to merge into highway traffic. Love the V6 on the Overland. Although sometimes it doesn't want to down shift.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Traded in a 2013 Buick Verano with the 2.0 Turbo. It was a great car but we wanted to get into a Crossover that didn't eat premium gas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
2013 Ford CMax, best toad. Nice reliable BIG inside, the only time I liked it was when it was behind our motor home.

2016 KL worst toad. Nice, reliable more fun than the cmax, the only time I like it is when it's NOT behind the motor home.

581 - 600 of 615 Posts