2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 615 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, what are u trading in if not putting any cash down, or paying cash in full?

me: 2012 jeep wrangler unlimited.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Had a 2010 jeep compass sport 4x4. (Couldn't afford a wrangler when I bought the compass. Actually the mpg was the biggest problem!) traded her in with 54k and proper sad goodbyes. She was loyal to me, hated the hubby. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
2006 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD, loaded. Will probably try to sell it myself before getting bent over on a trade.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Traded in a 2010 Liberty Sport with 27K miles. Dealer gave me 12K for it ($500 more than what one of the other dealers offered me for it that I was talking to previously). It was in perfect condition, but pretty much a stripped down model and given it is a discontinued model wasn't really able to get more.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The whole reason I'm even buying a new car is because I bought a 2006 Honda Ridgeline for $5000 about two or three years ago and now the Jeep dealer is giving my $10,000 for it.

The Ridgeline is a great vehicle, but I want to trade it before it starts needing repairs and while I can still double my money.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo. This might be the first time ever we do trade. The OH looks after our vehicles and does a lot of work on them himself and usually there is a line of people waiting for our old ones, even when they are mostly all ten years old. Not this time, wonder why? No one, that I know of, has said this time, "Keep me in mind when you replace that jeep."

LOL, a guy he worked with is still driving his old 1979 F150, the one we called Butch.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Trading my 2003 Honda Accord EX-V6 6-speed. Dealer said he would give me $5,000 - $5500 for it. I've been driving a stick for the last 15 years. That's what I'll miss.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, some of you are as bad as I am when it comes to car "longevity". Now that said, I really really plan on keeping my TrailHawk forever (and even got the 7 year, 85K extended warranty).
I feel the same way. I am going to take it in the shorts with my trade in. I purchased a Subaru Crosstrek in May. I had a Mitsubishi Evo prior to that. Not your quintessential 44 year old caucasian male vehicle...but I liked it. :blush:

However, the Trailhawk seems to be the vehicle I "thought" the Crosstrek would be. I'll let you know how the "longevity" is a year or two from now depending on recalls and TSB's. :)

1 - 20 of 615 Posts