2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I don’t know much about this stuff yet. I just purchased my 2019 Cherokee and the first thing I need to do is put some better tires on it. I don’t know what tires will fit. I do a lot of highway driving so I want it to still be a smooth ride but I’m also in the snow a decent amount (NJ)

Can someone tell me what tires will already fit my car? I have stock 225/60/18s on there so what are some cooler rugged looking tires that will work on my car? Someone told me I would have to change my tire size in order to get tougher looking tires.

Looking forward to learning things on here!

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk 3.2L
325 Posts
I put these on my ‘21 Latitude last year. I later traded it in for a Trailhawk. They were an affordable compromise. There was no loud road noise on the highway or city streets but were quite capable when I did some “lite” off road trips in the sandpits and dirt roads and they did well. I went wider for a little “poke.”
Use this tire comparison site to compare tire sizes.
I don’t think that you can go to any higher of a tire but you might be able to go to a little wider tire. There’s other people on here that know more than I do and will hopefully respond.
They look a lot better on the Cherokee than they do in the pictures in that link I sent you. Here’s a pic of what it looks like on my latitude. These are 17s, but the tire also does come in 18s. They look a lot better on the Cherokee than they do in the pictures and that link I sent you. Here’s a pic of what it looks like on my latitude.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk 3.2L
325 Posts
255/55-18 is a good choice if you’re looking for a wider, more aggressive stance. Ive been told that 11” wide is about all you can go without rubbing and this size won’t screw up your speedometer.
Font Line Material property Rectangle Parallel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,008 Posts
You got some good info already, but if you do a forum search about tire sizes, you will find a wealth of information ad nauseam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those look great. thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific site I should be looking to get tires from? like a place that is widely regarded as the cheapest or easiest site to buy tires or is everywhere more or less the same?

Also, is there not a definitive maximum tire size that the stock Cherokee can fit? don't we know exactly what size does and doesn't fit?

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,012 Posts
Also, is there not a definitive maximum tire size that the stock Cherokee can fit? don't we know exactly what size does and doesn't fit?
255/55/18 is definitely the maximum. The go to safe size for 18" wheels on Limiteds and other non Trailhawks is 235/60/18, but the 255/55's will fit, but they're close...😎

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,008 Posts
Try Simple Tire. Works like Tire Rack, but typically better prices. The only downside is they want to text you about sales until the cows come home.

·
Registered
491 Posts
those look great. thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific site I should be looking to get tires from? like a place that is widely regarded as the cheapest or easiest site to buy tires or is everywhere more or less the same?

255x75x17 or 32.01 Goodyear Duratracts is the biggest tire that I know of on my 2020 TH. Let us know what you put in it or under it!😃

1 - 8 of 8 Posts