2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are these load range E? Did they rub before you put the lift on? I gotta get new tires already for the 19. lol

Thanks,
Tom
If your 19 is a Trailhawk you should be fine, 245/70r17 isn't an issue without a lift for the most part with the exception of Good Year Duratrac those can apparently rub. The lift doesn't really change the position of the tire not to rub. Anything larger requires some modification to the welds.

Reactions: tmichelena

·
Registered
185 Posts
4x4 but they should fit fwd too

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
No spacers, forgot to add that, no lift either

·
Registered
141 Posts
245/70R17 Hercules Trail Digger M/Ts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Super happy with the KO2s so far. Particularly given the roads have been mostly snow covered here in Northern(ish) Ontario since the change over. Definitely a positive difference in winter/snow performance in my opinion, particularly on secondary roads. They hook up and go like I expected and braking performance has improved significantly. Although they would look fantastic, I don't think I would have been happy with a wider tire (265) as in my experience they tend to 'float' more in the deeper snow and slush giving less penetration for road contact; and I don't have a lift to ensure there is no rubbing. I think the extra inch in tire height on the 245/70s looks great, I have no rubbing, and they are performing great in the mixed winter conditions so far. Longest road trip so far was a 400 km round trip at highway speeds. The difference in gas mileage wasn't noticeable, but I haven't had a lot of time, mileage and/or varied conditions to see the true metrics. I've also started adding a few digits to the read out mentally, or when setting the cruise, to compensate for the change in tire diameter. The handling and acceleration feels slightly less 'nimble' but that was expected given the change from a 35lb passenger tire to a 46.9lb light truck tire that the manufacturer considers their toughest all-terrain tire ever. This lack of 'car-like' performance is also offset by the confidence I have that the pot holes, frost heaves and horrible winter road conditions around here aren't going to cause a tire blow out. It's happened to the low-pro tires on our Audi... and has blown out our (very expensive) magnetic ride adjustable suspension over the last few years :mad: The only negative I have observed so far is the road spray seems significantly higher. So after passing to the left, I have tried to delay a little longer before pulling back in front of people in the right lane, in order to mitigate that effect on their visibility. Lastly, sometime in the future, I think I will have the tires reversed on the rims and run them without the raised white lettering. I think I will prefer the blacked-out look.

Good luck with your search and hope this helps.
I have stock 245/65R17 on my TH, and wanted to change for BFG for all season tires (I don’t like to change tires un winter).
Thanks to you, I’ll try them in 245/70 !
I just wanted to be sure : no issue with this size without liftkit ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have stock 245/65R17 on my TH, and wanted to change for BFG for all season tires (I don’t like to change tires un winter).
Thanks to you, I’ll try them in 245/70 !
I just wanted to be sure : no issue with this size without liftkit ?
Nope. No lift or mods. Still super happy with the KO2s.

Reactions: jblr83

·
Registered
5 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: jblr83

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my Latitude Plus/2.0T/ADI, with the HS lift, on 235/70r17 Nokian Rotiiva's, everything installed yesterday. Put a few miles on it before taking these, with no obvious noise increase. I definitely noticed the height increase when getting out, a slight drop to the ground that wasn't there in stock form.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
thanks man
Does anyone know with 245/75 fits a latitude fwd???
Ah... there are so many tire size threads around here, I can't retain any of that info. 245/75 are kinda tall... and I *don't think* they would even fit an AWD Latitude without a lift.

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks man
Does anyone know with 245/75 fits a latitude fwd???
No one here has tried to my knowledge. Short answer: Not easily.

If the 1/2" ground clearance over 245/70 is worth that much trouble to you then the trailhawk locker would be worth 10x that to you and that should be a priority first imo.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts