2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
I get some tire rub with Falken P245/75r17 when turning ~45 deg. That's with 1/2" of the weld seam ground off. Never had that problem with the BFG KO2 LT235/80r17.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's my Latitude Plus/2.0T/ADI, with the HS lift, on 235/70r17 Nokian Rotiiva's, everything installed yesterday. Put a few miles on it before taking these, with no obvious noise increase. I definitely noticed the height increase when getting out, a slight drop to the ground that wasn't there in stock form.
So you have AWD and put 235/70. Will a FWD fit that as well? Maybe even 245/70

·
Registered
25 Posts
245/75R17 Goodyear Duratracs - had to grind out 1/2" s well as you advised
No Rub - but they sure a very noisy tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
After searching for a couple hours I can't find an answer but I'm sure its on the forums here somewhere.

Anyone know if I can fit 245/70r17 KO2s on an MFC lifted AD1 with the stock 7" wide rim? I've seen members here that have done it with by upgrading to the TH rim but not sure if my stock rim is too narrow. My main concern is making sure I clear the suspension - I don't care to add spacers.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2016 Trailhawk still has the factory 245/65/17 firestones on it. The tires have been very mediocre in snow and I'm now ready to upgrade. I've tried so many tires on other vehicles that I've lost count, BFG's, Toyo AT3's, Cooper AT3's and others. I currently have the Cooper ATW on my wife's Durango on their 2cd year and they are awesome, a good overall all terrain that's almost as good as a snow tire in the snow. I want to put these on my Cherokee but the smallest size they have is the 245/70/17 in an LT. I'd rather not run the LT but I might to get this tire.
From what I'm reading I should be able to use this size with no rub is this correct?
Has anyone who has put LT's on noticed much of a difference in the ride.
Thanks
Charlie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bought some Falken 265/70r17's. Planning on doing the pinch weld mod tomorrow and hopefully can get the tires on sunday. Will post pictures when it's done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
After searching for a couple hours I can't find an answer but I'm sure its on the forums here somewhere.

Anyone know if I can fit 245/70r17 KO2s on an MFC lifted AD1 with the stock 7" wide rim? I've seen members here that have done it with by upgrading to the TH rim but not sure if my stock rim is too narrow. My main concern is making sure I clear the suspension - I don't care to add spacers.

Thanks in advance!
You can. I'm running them.

Pinch seem trim is not needed. Hazzard sky wheel centering kit I would highly advise but they are not needed too. You will need to tie back the rear wheel liner and trim a spot on each side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I dropped of my th to get the Falken 265/70r17’s put on today. I just got a call from the shop saying the tires aren’t fitting because the turn angle is only about 30 degrees before they hit the liners. Guess I’ll send them back and get smaller tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I dropped of my th to get the Falken 265/70r17’s put on today. I just got a call from the shop saying the tires aren’t fitting because the turn angle is only about 30 degrees before they hit the liners. Guess I’ll send them back and get smaller tires.
What trim KL do you have? Sorry if I missed it. Your tires will fit a TH with the pinch weld mod. Hitting the liners is no big deal. You can reshape it out of the way with a heat gun or some trimming

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
I have a th with the dobinsons lift. I spent yesterday and today doing the pinch weld mod. The tech said that the front tires were hitting the front of the wheel well so bad that the wheels wouldn’t turn.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 245/75R17 P-rated. No pinch seam mod needed. And only weighed in at 5lbs over stock Firestone Destination A/Ts...easier on my axles and drivetrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BFG 255/55/18
Stock wheels, no lift.
UK based jeep cherokee limited 2014 model. 2.0litre diesel
Photos dont do justice. Need photos with tyre dressed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
BFG 255/55/18
Stock wheels, no lift.
UK based jeep cherokee limited 2014 model. 2.0litre diesel
Photos dont do justice. Need photos with tyre dressed.

No lift, no spacers, stock wheels for cherokee limited 2014.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Just put on some Firestone Destination AT 235-70/17XL tires.
XL means Extra Load, other than extra load not sure what else it does for me.
Put the white sidewalls inboard so if I air-down you won't see the mangled white letters.
Gives about 1/4-inch more ground clearance and weigh about 2 LBS less per tire. Probably has no noticeable affect on anything.
The ruts on my fire trails keep getting deeper because one of the guys runs an old F-150 with chains on all 4 wheel.
Drives on the Interstates the same, quieter than the Nitto Terra Graplers, and are adequate for my off road needs.
Don't notice any odometer or speedometer differences.
And of course no wheel well clearance issues. They look totally stock.
I'll test them out this weekend on the obstacle course at the PA All Breeds Jeep Show in York, PA.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Today’s XL tires are the equivalent of the old high-ply-count carcass tires. In the past, high-ply tires were more resistant to sidewall damage (the old “10-ply” tires) than standard tires. I don’t know if modern XL tires are tougher than non-XL tires or not, but if so they are more appropriate for serious off-roading.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
My $.02: If you're going to spend money on new tires, you might as well upgrade from the Firestones. I don't know, maybe some of you guys like them, but to me they were trash. Loud as a mud tire with the performance barely better than a road tire. I just think there are a lot better options out there (including ones with tougher sidewalls), and not necessarily more expensive.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

181 - 200 of 206 Posts