2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1941 - 1960 of 1986 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Replaced the fog light housings again, one of the led halos in the last set that I had put in had died on me a few months ago, and just finally got around to ordering a new set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Took Badger in primarily for the V69 recall, and then asked them to rotate the tires, and do the alignment since I knew it was off with excessive negative camber.

I also had them diagnose the issues I had with the power liftgate, as well as why 4Low wasn’t able to engage.

The dealer determined the motor for the liftgate failed, which I already suspected. The lack of 4Low was more interesting as they determined “an internal failure inside the PTU.”

I asked them to quote me on those potential repairs, and it was $495 plus tax for a new motor unit for the liftgate. For a replacement PTU, they quoted me $2311 Plus tax. I told them to hold off on those items though.

I do likely at some point will have the PTU replaced, but not now. The liftgate I should be able to replace myself provided the wire connections are not difficult to get at.

Does over $2300 for a new PTU seem about right? I was considering on asking one of my local mechanics who has worked on my Jeep before, and could see what kind of quote they would provide.

And before you ask, I have over 133k miles on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally got AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX today, was able to play around with them a bit. I'm planning on eventually swapping in a uConnect 4C from a newer Cherokee so I can have Android Auto and I don't feel like paying the dealer for PROXI alignments. Turned off the stupid DRL drop out with turn signals as well as the fog light/high beam drop out. Will be very nice to keep fog lights on with high beams on dark mountain roads and when wheeling at night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Replaced that old somewhat more restrictive airbox with an aFe cold air intake with dry filter.

View attachment 211192
Out of curiosity, do you wheel at all? Are you worried about sucking water/hydrolocking? I got into it with some dude on FB the other day over my K&N saying that I would hydrolock it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The whole contraption is well above max fording depth, so I'm not worried at all.
THAT'S WHAT I SAID lol. He wasn't convinced.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
To each their own, I suppose. I'm enjoying the more aggressive rumble (which isn't too obnoxious or drone-y) and the added seat-of-the-pants feeling placebo or not.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Installed a set of vent covers on the windows today, only took about 20 minutes to do and I like the fit of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I had a few options for hooking up the rear. I could have:
1) spliced into brake lights so they would come on whenever I backed up
2) spliced into rear 12V socket for power and run a switch to me
3) spliced into the tow package (if I had one) for the same effect as (1) or,
4) run a dedicated wire loom from the rear into the engine bay

I went with option 4 because I already had my front four pods hooked up to an Anzo 4 Channel remote system and I wanted remote control of the rear lights as well. I'm unsure of the legality of auxiliary back up lights where I am, and I also knew that I didn't want them to come on every time.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I ended up going with an Anzo 4 Channel remote system. I didn't really want to pass wires through the firewall. I have a little remote control which turns my front and rear aux lights on.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Took Badger in primarily for the V69 recall, and then asked them to rotate the tires, and do the alignment since I knew it was off with excessive negative camber.

I also had them diagnose the issues I had with the power liftgate, as well as why 4Low wasn’t able to engage.

The dealer determined the motor for the liftgate failed, which I already suspected. The lack of 4Low was more interesting as they determined “an internal failure inside the PTU.”

I asked them to quote me on those potential repairs, and it was $495 plus tax for a new motor unit for the liftgate. For a replacement PTU, they quoted me $2311 Plus tax. I told them to hold off on those items though.

I do likely at some point will have the PTU replaced, but not now. The liftgate I should be able to replace myself provided the wire connections are not difficult to get at.

Does over $2300 for a new PTU seem about right? I was considering on asking one of my local mechanics who has worked on my Jeep before, and could see what kind of quote they would provide.

And before you ask, I have over 133k miles on it.
$2300 is right about what I paid for PTU replacement last year. From a trusted independent mechanic in my city. So if you can get that same price at the dealer, I'd say that's very reasonable. It sucks, and it's expensive, but market value-wise it's a reasonable price.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Super Moderator
4,161 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
There's enough space between the bracket and the hood for me to reach in and open it. Between the lights and the grill is a bit of space, but it quickly disappears when you open or close the hood and the clearance to do so is only a few mm.

1941 - 1960 of 1986 Posts