2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1921 - 1937 of 1937 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
What exactly did you use the Cerekote on, and what color? I used it on the aluminum parts on a rifle, and it is killer. Was just wondering if you applied to the metal, or plastic or both.
cerakote makes a product designed for vinyl/ plastic. I did all the plastics, though i need to touch up some spots.
only took to (smaller packs inside) to do my entire jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive my favorite Jeep Cherokee to work, I use it for commuting daily. In the afternoon, I washed off the dirt. and put it in the garage

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got back from some wheeling and camping. The Jeep will be getting a full bath in a few days so I'll get a chance to see how that cerakote holds up to mud, water, dust, and a wash. I did my trim about a month ago as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This weekend I installed a bypass cable to my CAN block that allows me to change the settings on my vehicle, bypassing the security system installed. This is needed for all 2019+ cherokees if you want to make mods without going to the dealer or another mechanic with the proper tools. It plugs in under the center console near the back:

View attachment 210726
Where did you get the cable from?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Where did you get the cable from?

You want the 2018 RAM HD 2500+. I would get at least 6 feet to wrap it around to the obdii. I bought 4 feet by mistake which is the minimum you need to use it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey where did you purchase your Tesla style radio for your Cherokee from? Does it retain stuff like heated seats/heated steering wheel too? And overall how do you like it and is there anything you hate about it? Thanks for your time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Since last year, I have had this intermittent rattle coming from the rear suspension. It would come and go at random times, so it wasn’t consistent. Initially, I had thought it had something to do with my suspension directly, even going as far as the Shock absorber being in bad shape, although I don't really have much in terms of clunking when going over bumps.

Yesterday, I looked underneath Badger again, and then decided out of a whim to take a rubber mallet, and hit various components with it. When I struck the lower control arm (Jeep calls it the Spring Link), I could faintly hear the same rattle noise. I knew there was something going on.

a little bit ago, I jacked the car up, removed the rear wheel, and before I was going to completely remove the lower control arm, I figured I’d shine a light inside the arm, and low and behold, I found the culprit.

This bullcrap has been going on for over a year now! Finally got it figured out!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey where did you purchase your Tesla style radio for your Cherokee from? Does it retain stuff like heated seats/heated steering wheel too? And overall how do you like it and is there anything you hate about it? Thanks for your time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I found this site that shows the same exact one.

Though it says 2015-2017 the site shows 2014-2020 cherokee plus in the video on the site it shows him saying up to 2020.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
More additions to the roof rack setup, most notably a set of TRED HDs. Added a 3.5gal RotopaX FuelpaX in addition to my 2.5gal. Got a self-venting spout off Amazon to replace the garbage spout that it comes with, but haven't tried it out yet. Moved the shovel onto the rear side of the basket with the axe and freed up the right side. It's kinda funky but it's the best way I could accommodate both. The TRED mount I devised had some difficulties to work around, but in the end I'm 90% satisfied with the result. I used a tube clamp mount that I had extra of from a previous project. Bought some star knobs off Amazon. And I used 3/8" bolts and a 3/8IDx5/8OD piece of pipe cut to length, to adapt the tube clamp mounting bolt size to the mounting holes on the traction boards. I did need to drill into to the boards a tiny bit -- the holes are just a hair under 5/8", and I used a step bit to make it 11/16. Just glad it worked at all! I wasn't about to pay $60 for the TRED mounting bracket! (And I think you actually need TWO! Absurd.)

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not today but in last week got my diesel Cherokee tuned from 140hp/350nm to 185hp/400nm.
Big affect to driving experience, goes much lighter now, no need to push pedal in uphills etc. -Should of done that much earlier.
I try to be nice to manual gearbox thought, dont know how much torq it is made to handle. (been available only in 140hp version)

·
Registered
31 Posts

Did 1 inch wheel spacers yesterday, easy 1 hour project.

1921 - 1937 of 1937 Posts