2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
2321 - 2340 of 2351 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,009 Posts
Put in a new Pureflow Cabin Air Filter. Part number PC99471X. As you can see, the old one is filthy, and has been in there for about a year. Noticed immediately, much better airflow from the vents. If you guys haven't changed this for a while, I would highly recommend changing it. It literally took me 90 seconds...😎
Rectangle Font Asphalt Electric blue Gas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Put in a new Pureflow Cabin Air Filter. Part number PC99471X. As you can see, the old one is filthy, and has been in there for about a year. Noticed immediately, much better airflow from the vents. If you guys haven't changed this for a while, I would highly recommend changing it. It literally took me 90 seconds...😎
View attachment 220499
I really need to do this.. Been two years since I bought mine and who knows when the PO changed it last 😄

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any pics of how it is mounted? I got a light ar and the mohawk bracket but it seem like it sits way lower than I anticipated and can't really seem to get it mounted the way I thought it would.
Hope these help :)
Automotive tire Sleeve Bag Waist Denim

Automotive tire Sleeve Mesh Wood Denim

Automotive lighting Grille Hood Motor vehicle Light

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the pics. My light bar has brackets on the side and no where to bolt on the top like that so I think that's why it is sitting too low, although we were having trouble even trying to secure it to that metal inside, I'll have to take another look at it or think about getting another light potentially if I want to get it installed.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,009 Posts
here is what the engine filter in mine looked like. didn't get the cabin filter on video... but they said they replaced it. (dealer sends a little video of service)

View attachment 220528
Probably a good time to change the cabin air filter too, if you haven't lately...😎

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
349 Posts
View attachment 220499
Installed my new cabin air filter after work. That little cover is a pain to get off the first time. LOL

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Installed my new cabin air filter after work. That little cover is a pain to get off the first time. LOL
Go for the top tab instead of the lower one. May seem more daunting, but it's super easy once you get a feel for it and it is more robust. Lower one is easy to break.

·
Registered
2020 Trailhawk 2.0T Diamond Black
382 Posts
finally got the red pin stripe / accents put on the hood.

Thanks for the inspiration and advice from other forum members, specifically @NScherry !!!

It's not absolutely perfect if you look super close, but damn it looks great from a few feet away. stoked! wasn't that hard, maybe 20 min of steady hand work!

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
842 Posts

Thanks for the inspiration and advice from other forum members, specifically @NScherry !!!

It's not absolutely perfect if you look super close, but damn it looks great from a few feet away. stoked! wasn't that hard, maybe 20 min of steady hand work!

View attachment 220739
Looks most excellent! Great job! Sure makes the hood pop doesn't it ?

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk 3.2L
374 Posts

View attachment 220739
That looks great. Good job. Now maybe red trimmed grille inserts :)
Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Hood

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Got the dreaded misfire the other day on Cylinder #4. At under 180k, and considering the last time I replaced the spark plugs, I figured it was the spark plugs again.

Replaced the spark plugs, and the misfire persisted.

I bought new coil packs, and the misfire continues to persist.

So at this point, I've narrowed it down to two options: Bad fuel injector on cylinder #4, or a bad rocker arm. I have noticed a ticking sound coming from the front bank of the engine where Cylinder #4 is, so I suspect it's a bad rocker arm. Firstly, I will use an ohm reader, and measure the resistance of the injectors, and see how they fair between each other. If I find out they're all good, then I can almost verify the rocker arm is the issue.

• Sad
Reactions: Mark_

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Got the dreaded misfire the other day on Cylinder #4. At under 180k, and considering the last time I replaced the spark plugs, I figured it was the spark plugs again.

Replaced the spark plugs, and the misfire persisted.

I bought new coil packs, and the misfire continues to persist.

So at this point, I've narrowed it down to two options: Bad fuel injector on cylinder #4, or a bad rocker arm. I have noticed a ticking sound coming from the front bank of the engine where Cylinder #4 is, so I suspect it's a bad rocker arm. Firstly, I will use an ohm reader, and measure the resistance of the injectors, and see how they fair between each other. If I find out they're all good, then I can almost verify the rocker arm is the issue.
Fingers crossed it's the injector !

2321 - 2340 of 2351 Posts