2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
2241 - 2255 of 2255 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,888 Posts
I did get some amber fog lamp overlays from Lamin-X. I think I could use maybe a couple extra lights 🤔 View attachment 217778
Nice!!! I so want to order those for mine Jeremy, but I will probably have to take the Jeep to the vinyl guys to install them. I don't know if I have the steady hand, or patience the get them perfect the first time. I'd probably go through like three sets before I was satisfied...LOL!!!😎

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
206 Posts
Nice!!! I so want to order those for mine Jeremy, but I will probably have to take the Jeep to the vinyl guys to install them. I don't know if I have the steady hand, or patience the get them perfect the first time. I'd probably go through like three sets before I was satisfied...LOL!!!😎
They weren’t bad at all! They may seem too large at first, but all you have to do is tuck in the edges. The overlays do have a couple little tabs on them, so it makes it easier to line them up nicely. I’m not sure if Lamin-X still has their customer appreciation sale going on, but it was a stellar 20% off!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Parts arrived today for my weekends project... Better Osram Xenon lamps and LED fog lights. Bought yellow film and applied that to the fogs. Was meant to be plug and play but I'll need to modify the connections, no big deal. Will add silica gel packs inside the Xenon caps as there's some moisture evident on the poly lenses.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Did the same thing yesterday. Got the Oil Changed today.
feels good doesn't it? brought a bucket, long handle soft brush, gallon of warm water & some dawn dish soap. prepped the bucket & did the back hatch area cuz the car wash does a terrible job of that. hit the wheels w/ the brush & soapy water cuz the car wash does a bad job removing brake dust & a quick swish over the front lights & fogs as well, for good measure. I've got a 400 mile road trip tomorrow, so the shine won't last long ... hehe

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
300 Posts
feels good doesn't it? brought a bucket, long handle soft brush, gallon of warm water & some dawn dish soap. prepped the bucket & did the back hatch area cuz the car wash does a terrible job of that. hit the wheels w/ the brush & soapy water cuz the car wash does a bad job removing brake dust & a quick swish over the front lights & fogs as well, for good measure. I've got a 400 mile road trip tomorrow, so the shine won't last long ... hehe
I would avoid using dish soap on painted and plastic areas. It's great on wheels, but the "grease cutting" in dish soap also strips wax, polish, etc. That leaves no protection on those parts. At least that's what I have been told by a friend that does car detailing. That being said, a clean jeep is a great feeling. Haha!

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I would avoid using dish soap on painted and plastic areas. It's great on wheels, but the "grease cutting" in dish soap also strips wax, polish, etc. That leaves no protection on those parts. At least that's what I have been told by a friend that does car detailing. That being said, a clean jeep is a great feeling. Haha!
oh thanks did not know that. I usually use a minimal amount of drops pr bucket. plus I washed the car immediately after

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

Any soap will do that. It's what soap is supposed to do. I always do a couple good hand washes with Dawn dish soap, one in the spring, and one in the fall, and then about 3 or 4 good coats of wax, and protectant. My friendly neighborhood Quick Quack drive thru car wash does a great job of the quicky wash, and they have really good spray wax too...😎

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
300 Posts
Any soap will do that. It's what soap is supposed to do. I always do a couple good hand washes with Dawn dish soap, one in the spring, and one in the fall, and then about 3 or 4 good coats of wax, and protectant. My friendly neighborhood Quick Quack drive thru car wash does a great job of the quicky wash, and they have really good spray wax too...
Well, that's not necessarily true. There are different levels of everything. That's like saying unleaded and diesel are the same because they are both gas.

There is more degreaser in dawn than a typical car wash unless you buy a car wash that is designed to be more aggressive towards grease. That's why hand soap doesn't work as well on dirty dishes as dawn. Most car washes are very mild and designed to clean and shine while stripping as little wax as possible. Dawn, on the other hand, was designed specifically to cut grease and waxy substances while leaving nothing behind. Which is what you want for dishes but not painted cars.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Well, that's not necessarily true. There are different levels of everything. That's like saying unleaded and diesel are the same because they are both gas.

There is more degreaser in dawn than a typical car wash unless you buy a car wash that is designed to be more aggressive towards grease. That's why hand soap doesn't work as well on dirty dishes as dawn. Most car washes are very mild and designed to clean and shine while stripping as little wax as possible. Dawn, on the other hand, was designed specifically to cut grease and waxy substances while leaving nothing behind. Which is what you want for dishes but not painted cars.

This is all true. Why I said I just do a few deep clean hand washes a year, followed by extensive waxing and plastic treatment.
But you can't say unleaded and diesel are the same, unleaded is gasoline, and diesel is a fuel oil. As different as Coca Cola and Jack Daniels!!! LOL!!!😉😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,994 Posts
2241 - 2255 of 2255 Posts