2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
2221 - 2240 of 2255 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, I love it, love the look but really like not being blinded by the sun. Seriously considering 80% air on front windshield
I won't put any film on the windscreen. The Florida sun takes its toll on window film pretty bad. My last car had all
the tint replaced twice in 6 years, averaging a little over 2 years before it starts wrinkling/blurring. I don't
like the idea of that happening on the windscreen. :oops: I would consider it in a cooler climate.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,887 Posts
I won't put any film on the windscreen. The Florida sun takes its toll on window film pretty bad. My last car had all
the tint replaced twice in 6 years, averaging a little over 2 years before it starts wrinkling/blurring. I don't
like the idea of that happening on the windscreen. :oops: I would consider it in a cooler climate.
A quality ceramic tint won't do that. It's guaranteed by every reputable manufacturer, and installers. You gotta use the good stuff...😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,994 Posts
A quality ceramic tint won't do that. It's guaranteed by every reputable manufacturer, and installers. You gotta use the good stuff...😎
And a quality installer. When getting my annual inspection, I saw a tint job being done outdoors on a gravel drive on a breezy day, that's a big no no.
It needs to be done in a cleanroom...:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
And a quality installer. When getting my annual inspection, I saw a tint job being done outdoors on a gravel drive on a breezy day, that's a big no no.
It needs to be done in a cleanroom...:cool:
The film was Llumar CTX, and the installer has been around for 20+ years. He's done 3 of my cars,
and only my last car (Fiesta ST) had the issue. Tint was life time warranty, and he honored it. Still,
the tint failed, twice. It could be a bad lot, could be any number of things.

I use a fitted windscreen reflective sunshade when I park, to protect the dash. Sunglasses to protect
the eyes... Windscreen stays as is, for me. ;)

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
154 Posts
So I decided the other day to Get the Driver and Passenger door windows tinted along with getting the Trail Hawk undercoated and Rustproofed at Ziebart.Also got a free detailing after they managed to get overspray over half the jeep. So I had the windows tinted to match the rest at 20%. Not legal in NYS, but we'll see how long i can go before I get a fix it ticket. Oh never did post up about adding Weather tech wind deflectors . I did pick up cross bars and a basket for the roof but I haven't mount them yet . Probably not till spring.
Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2021 Latitude FWD
198 Posts
I got my '21 Latitude a sibling. I wanted to get a second Cherokee and really wanted a Trailhawk but just couldn't find one anywhere near my home. Carvana had a few but their finance rates where ridiculously high and the process of providing my own financing through my credit union was a PITA. I found a 2018 Latitude Plus with just over 35K on it and I pulled the trigger yesterday. I pick it up this afternoon. The dealer is installing new tires, doing an alignment, turning the front rotors and checking/fixing a rattle (over bumps) in the driver's side front. Billet silver with the 3.2L. What a difference the V6 is over the 4 cylinder. I guess that I get to start the mod process all over again.
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
changed the rear wiper blade. I had a short thin section that had torn so I cut it off. still worked but not evenly. ready for winter
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did they give you a strip of 3M clear vinyl wrap for going under the fairing, if they did not, I “Highly” recommend you put a strip across the roof at the contact point.
They did not ship with mine, but bought some off Amazon.
No didn't supply it, looking for some now. Thanks

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
front wipers. Rain-X Silicone Endura Premium All-Weather Windshield Wiper Blades $22.47 ea. at Walmart

they are good. no movement at the connector, nice solid feel. nice & quiet. the used ones (whatever they were) were starting to wiggle too much & were noisy on the highway, slapping at the top of the stroke, on a recent road trip

the used ones go in the cargo area, as spares, just in case & I chucked the old spares
Font Electric blue Logo Emblem Fashion accessory

Water Automotive tire Hood Road surface Wood

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
I really like the Freedom Edition, so I am doing my own version on my 2019 Limited. Did the black out on the badges, grill covers are coming tomorrow. The next step will be the window chrome.

WOW !! Shiny...

Welcome to JCC :)

Reactions: Will0730
2221 - 2240 of 2255 Posts