2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
2201 - 2220 of 2226 Posts

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
183 Posts
For KLs in the lower trim lines, like my Latitude, that didn’t come with kicker in the back do you know if there is an existing wiring harness tucked away.
I didn’t add a sub, but even without the amp or sub you will hear the noticeable difference. I just used the Kicker speaker kits, because they’re all plug and play. The possibilities are endless! I may look into a sub in the future. The sets I used were 77KICK41 and 77KICK42, you will have 1 additional dash speaker if you go this route, but this gives you the 3” dash speakers versus the 1.5” from the other kit. The materials look much much better for the speaker as well as the magnet size. The door speakers are 6x9, and there’s a blue million options as Chrysler used that size for decades. Best of luck to you brother!
PS: I hope your daughter, family, and yourself are feeling better and doing well!

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
183 Posts
Aw, just bite the bullet Jeremy, winter is coming...LOL!!! Have you decided which tires you're going to go with yet???😎
Well Scott I might just have to bite the bullet! I can’t really dodge it after all! 😂
I’ve been looking into the Yokohama Geolanders you recommended as well as some Falken Wildpeaks. I’ve heard good from both, now the only thing is to pick one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, subwoofer was what I was thinking 🤔 It sucks that they don’t have the complete harness back there. I imagine that there are other factors involved as well, like the radiohead itself having the speaker output, power wire, etc. FCA does not make an OEM fog light kit for the ‘21 yet and I guess the factory wiring for models that came without them aren’t there either. Three of my previous new GM products had complete wiring harnesses so when I added OEM fog lamp kits the wiring was already there which made it cheaper and easier to put OEM kits in.
I really wish they continued the standard fog lights like they did for 2019. I know for the Charger they actually offer OEM fog light kits in the accessory brochure. Whether it’s plug and play, I’m not for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
New tires, wheels and TPS.
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 245/75r17

Snowhawk, what size tires and wheels did you get? Ive been looking at these wheels or mayhem warriors. Havent decided yet. Please post pics when you get them on your TH. Thanks.
No rub. Of course, the pinch seam was modified back when I had BFG KO2 LT230/80r17.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

@Snowhawk2015 That's a true testament to the Wildpeaks, if you wore them out and went right back and bought the same pair. LT245/75?

And mannn you must drive a lot! I put over 45k on mine and still had way more meat on them than your picture suggests. And I believe I got mine before you IIRC (bought mine in December '17.) I finally just got bored of them and went with something different (even though they were truly excellent tires). Still had about 8/32" of tread left, and America's Tire actually bought the set back from me for $80.
Boy Howdy! These tires will not die. I bought the second set of 5 because they were on sale at $160 each; hard to pass up that deal. They are not the LT version, they are the lighter P version, but every bit as tough and much lighter weight than the BFG KO2 LT230/80r17 I ran several years back. Even at less than 50% tread, they were awesome on the sidewall eating, super tough and demanding Shoshone Lake trail west of Lander, WY.

If I still have the Snowhawk after another 60K, I will probably buy a 3rd set. Doing the 5-tire rotation has allowed me to get ~75K miles on a set. Warranty is 55K.

Happy Trails

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
I had a new X2Power battery installed in my Jeep today. Seems that the one I got back in December was defective, and it finally would only charge up to 5/6ths of what it should be, which makes me think it was a bad cell or connector between the cells.
Batteries Plus was really great handling this.

I (being a pack rat) had kept the battery that was in the Jeep when I bought it (I used an old dead battery as a trade, the 1st time), so I wasn't stranded, as they had to order one from the warehouse (took a week)... :cool:

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Cherokee finally got some new shoes! I couldn’t pass up on the $70 rebate for the Falken Wildpeaks. I settled for the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail, and I must say so far I am impressed. There isn’t much of a difference in noise (call me crazy, but they seem to have less noise than the old LE2s) compared to the Firestone Destination LE2s… boy was I glad to ditch those. I have still been averaging the same fuel economy. Win win. For anyone else shopping for tires I did notice there is a $50-100 rebate on General tires, depending on what kind you get.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,500 Posts
The Cherokee finally got some new shoes! I couldn’t pass up on the $70 rebate for the Falken Wildpeaks. I settled for the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail, and I must say so far I am impressed. There isn’t much of a difference in noise (call me crazy, but they seem to have less noise than the old LE2s) compared to the Firestone Destination LE2s… boy was I glad to ditch those. I have still been averaging the same fuel economy. Win win. For anyone else shopping for tires I did notice there is a $50-100 rebate on General tires, depending on what kind you get.
Looking good Jeremy!!!👍😎

·
Registered
2021 Latitude FWD
170 Posts
I put the same tires on my Cherokee. I like them too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Performed my 1st Oil/Filter Change today. A bit early at 2200 miles (77% Oil life), but I usually
do the first change about 2k miles or so, mostly because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

A very uneventful process thankfully, and fresh oil for my upcoming trip.

Oil: Ultra Platinum Penzoil Synth 5w-20
Filter: K&N PS-7026

I also resolved the rattling window control panels with some small pieces of
Urethane foam (1/16 inch thick) wedged between 2 of the retaining clips (pick a side)
which tightened the panels right up, and are still easily removed if necessary.
NOT work I feel I should be doing on a brand new vehicle, but done just the same.

I also had the windows tinted to 35%... Necessary in Florida heat. It helps a LOT.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Changed oil, put on bosche icon wipers, and had front windows tinted with 40% ceramic :giggle: I love it, feels like a warm hug. Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
290 Posts
wow, just googled that, impressive! I guess that's street legal?

Tint percentages go in reverse. 40% is more transparent than 25%. Meaning yes it is legal. You cannot go below 25%, darker, in most states. Limo tint for example is usually around 5% which is practically not transparent at all from the exterior.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ya my state is anything under 35 is not legal

·
Registered
39 Posts
While some say tint is 'gangsta', more and more car manufacturers are tinting the rear windows (for years now).
I personally think tinting the driver/passenger windows finishes 'the look' the manufacturer started but could not finish.

Looks good! I did the 35% ceramic tint myself. It's needed in the 'deep south'.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks, I love it, love the look but really like not being blinded by the sun. Seriously considering 80% air on front windshield

2201 - 2220 of 2226 Posts