2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
2181 - 2200 of 2226 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
That looks great. Just out of curiosity where in CT are you. I lived in Waterbury for a year (‘95-‘96)
Thanks, I'm down in Seymour

Reactions: Will0730

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
I had the beer with dinner on my break after finishing the front. I figured the gummies would not mesh well with an IPA so I made a vodka tonic haha!

…the gummies came in the HS lift kit which is why I ate them, normally I’m a chocolate guy.
Gummies and Vodka = a Jello Shot! ;)

·
Registered
2019 Firecracker Red Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
129 Posts
What did I do to my Cherokee today? Put wireless CarPlay in it. Haven’t had time to do the lighting yet, but, honestly, putting wireless CarPlay in it turned it into the perfect vehicle. Just sayin… 🥸

·
Registered
129 Posts
Same head unit (came with the Trailhawk). Used Ottocast Apple CarPlay Dongle. Really love it. No more messing with the phone and far better sound quality than Bluetooth. 😎

·
Registered
129 Posts
Now… if somebody at Apple would please figure out wireless charging… gee, how hard could that POSSIBLY be? 😎

·
Registered
947 Posts
Now… if somebody at Apple would please figure out wireless charging… gee, how hard could that POSSIBLY be?
I use wireless charging on my IPhone 12 every day without issue (yes in the car with an aftermarket charging pad). What issue are you having?

What somebody needs to do is design something so we can add carplay to our 2018 and older radios with out costing an arm and a leg! Nothing out there works (on the 18 anyway) short of replacing the radio, which I’m doing but at great cost…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use wireless charging on my IPhone 12 every day without issue (yes in the car with an aftermarket charging pad). What issue are you having?

What somebody needs to do is design something so we can add carplay to our 2018 and older radios with out costing an arm and a leg! Nothing out there works (on the 18 anyway) short of replacing the radio, which I’m doing but at great cost…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed. Yeah, I charge my iPhone in the house “wirelessly“ on the MagSafe. But I want somebody the create a true wireless charger, no pad, MagSafe etc. Just get in the car, it charges while still buried in the backpack. That would be cool. For now, I’m over joyed that it connects with CarPlay wirelessly. My buddy’s new Silverado does that from the factory. Maybe the new Jeep’s do it too, I don’t know. 😎

Reactions: ArizonaFred

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The uConnect 5 that's rolling out has Wireless AndroidAuto, Carplay, and Alexa...

As far as wireless power, where is Nikola Tesla when we need him?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Added Falken Wildpeak 245/70's. Very slight rubbing on hard turn but so far have only heard it backing up. Spare was a tight fit, the cargo area floor doesn't sit all the way down.

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

Automotive parking light Jeep grand cherokee Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
140 Posts
Added Falken Wildpeak 245/70's. Very slight rubbing on hard turn but so far have only heard it backing up. Spare was a tight fit, the cargo area floor doesn't sit all the way down.

View attachment 216808

View attachment 216809
Looks good. I was between these and the same size K02s… ended up costing the K02s and glad I did as it fits in the spare compartment with no issues and no rubbing.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with them… lots of positive reviews!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks good. I was between these and the same size K02s… ended up costing the K02s and glad I did as it fits in the spare compartment with no issues and no rubbing.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with them… lots of positive reviews!
Thanks!
For me it was between the Falkens and Yoyos, but my garage got the Falkens at a better price :).
I've seen other reports of them fitting with no rub but eh

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
183 Posts
I finally got all of the Kicker speakers installed, and even with just the base 6 speaker system it sounds much much better. New shoes are still next up on the list. The Firestone Destination LE2s still have some life to squeeze out of them, not much, but some.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,500 Posts
I finally got all of the Kicker speakers installed, and even with just the base 6 speaker system it sounds much much better. New shoes are still next up on the list. The Firestone Destination LE2s still have some life to squeeze out of them, not much, but some.
Aw, just bite the bullet Jeremy, winter is coming...LOL!!! Have you decided which tires you're going to go with yet???😎

·
Registered
2021 Latitude FWD
170 Posts
For KLs in the lower trim lines, like my Latitude, that didn’t come with kicker in the back do you know if there is an existing wiring harness tucked away.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
For KLs in the lower trim lines, like my Latitude, that didn’t come with kicker in the back do you know if there is an existing wiring harness tucked away.
I think you are talking of the Subwoofer? @j3r3myCs upgraded his door/dash...
Nope, at least not in the 2019+ like ours...

·
Registered
2021 Latitude FWD
170 Posts
I think you are talking of the Subwoofer? @j3r3myCs upgraded his door/dash...
Nope, at least not in the 2019+ like ours...
Yeah, subwoofer was what I was thinking 🤔 It sucks that they don’t have the complete harness back there. I imagine that there are other factors involved as well, like the radiohead itself having the speaker output, power wire, etc. FCA does not make an OEM fog light kit for the ‘21 yet and I guess the factory wiring for models that came without them aren’t there either. Three of my previous new GM products had complete wiring harnesses so when I added OEM fog lamp kits the wiring was already there which made it cheaper and easier to put OEM kits in.

2181 - 2200 of 2226 Posts