2141 - 2160 of 2172 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4X4 V6
88 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice! That's a lot of wires for some cup holder lights though. Lol how difficult was it? And where did you find the part?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I just swamped the entire console harness. My OE harness didn't have the plug. It was all plug and play. I went on ebay, and looked at all the 2019 KLs on there to find one that had the lighted cup holder. I found one that had the exact same options as mine ,and sent messaged a dealer on the Ram foum asking what console harness it had. The cup holder i got off eBay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The UTV lights are a little different, they aren't tubes or strips. Those would get hammered...😎
Oh, these are L.E.D.'s in acrylic tubes. I had been pleasantly surprised and the held off road in small ruts and smaller water crossings. I wanted to avoid the "puddle effect" of some rock light styles. My kit is the million color smd truck kit from LED Glow. They have a pic of an older Dodge Ram online advertised on them.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did this....
And Subzero's final touches across the dash!!!

EL wire came in the mail today and I was just seeing about fitting it and it was really easy and it was in in like 20 mins!!!! Had no plans to actually install today 😎 Awesome surprise!!!
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Speedometer
Vehicle Speedometer Lighting Gauge Gadget
Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle door
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Mode of transport
Vehicle Speedometer Car Trip computer Odometer
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Lighting
Automotive lighting Hood Plant Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Automotive design Electricity Headlamp Vehicle door
Light Line Speedometer Gauge Gadget
Vehicle Gauge Car Speedometer Steering part

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,289 Posts
Can't help it, "It's ALIVE!"

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk V6
282 Posts
I did this....
And Subzero's final touches across the dash!!!

EL wire came in the mail today and I was just seeing about fitting it and it was really easy and it was in in like 20 mins!!!! Had no plans to actually install today 😎 Awesome surprise!!! View attachment 215863 View attachment 215864 View attachment 215865 View attachment 215866 View attachment 215867 View attachment 215868 View attachment 215869 View attachment 215870 View attachment 215871 View attachment 215872
That's awesome looking, what is that wire?

Reactions: perrymock

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's awesome looking, what is that wire?
Yep, they call it EL or E.L. wire. It is fiber optics through a plastic length of wire. Was just $15

·
Registered
88 Posts
That’s very cool. Do they turn on with the headlights or do they have their own on/off switch?
They run when you turn the car on. They can either be plugged into your cigarette lighter Outlet or you could wire them into a source that already exists into your car like that lighting under your dashboard for example if you know how to do that.

Reactions: Will0730

·
Registered
“Elvira” 2021 Cherokee Latitude Lux 2.0L Turbo ADI Sangria Metallic Ski Grey Interior
139 Posts
They run when you turn the car on. They can either be plugged into your cigarette lighter Outlet or you could wire them into a source that already exists into your car like that lighting under your dashboard for example if you know how to do that.
So they can be incorporated into the existing ambient lighting? Well what few there are.
@perrymock that’s awesome though!

·
Registered
88 Posts
So they can be incorporated into the existing ambient lighting? Well what few there are.
@perrymock that’s awesome though!
Oh heck yeah sure can. Got to be careful which ones you buy though as there are some really crappy ones out there that will only last for like a day or a week.

Reactions: j3r3myCs

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
For anyone still wondering. Just some additional input on El Lighting and fiber optics. So out there there are about three different types there is the $15 really cheap junk from China. It is the kind that comes with an inverter box and makes a really high-pitched sound when it's working it'll last for about 2 days and is good for maybe a weekend of camping/off-roading. There is the mid-level which is about $35 to $50 and it may or may not last. The mid-level stuff could be found on Amazon like the $15 product. Now if you want something that lasts there is a company called xkglow that does make a product that lasts and works very well and comes with an at least 3yr warranty

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
79 Posts
Plasti dipped my tow hooks and Cherokee/trail rated emblems:

Plasti dipping was fun and now I’m trying to find other stuff to dip!

Also did a couple other things recently:

2141 - 2160 of 2172 Posts