2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2041 - 2060 of 2078 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got my A-pillar pod lights mounted with the MFC kit, and my PUG lower intake came in the mail. Might have to do spark plugs and swap out the lower sometime in the next few weeks after the weather clears up some.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Got my A-pillar pod lights mounted with the MFC kit, and my PUG lower intake came in the mail. Might have to do spark plugs and swap out the lower sometime in the next few weeks after the weather clears up some.
(y)how many miles on your car. I have over 150K & I'm pretty sure I have the original plugs in there. hope they come out when it's time to change them! :eek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
48k miles on my 2015 V6, figured there's no reason not to change them while I'm in there.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
907 Posts
Reactions: NScherry

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,608 Posts
Put on some cross bars - from Harbor Freight - Universal Roof Cross Bars Set of 2
They actually are a really good match to the silver roof rack.
View attachment 213804
Yikes!!! I made that mistake, bought the Brightlines, took them out of the box, put them back in the box, and sent them back. Went down to my friendly neighborhood Jeep dealer and bought the Mopar Thule set. A very wise decision. What do you plan on putting up there, your paper towel, and toilet paper cases after a trip to Costco???😎

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!! I'm just messing with you, but you do get what you pay for when it comes to roof systems. Make damn sure they aren't putting a bind on the roof rails, this is very common, and it ain't good!!!😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
907 Posts
Just short trips to the neighborhood HD, Spring = home improvement time...
Local pick up here, was actually pleased with the way they clamp to the rails.
The inner part articulates, and there are thick rubber pads on all sides.

I saw the Brightlines online, didn't care for the design either...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got my RRO Super Sliders installed last night! It was a bit of a pain at times; the second one went on much more quickly than the first, as tends to be the case with these things. Overall pretty happy with the job I did, Now can't wait to get out and beat on these a bit!

Next up I have some JL Trail Rated badges I want to swap, then it's the 2" HS lift and some new tires.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,608 Posts
Hello All!

So yesterday I finally got my Tow Hitch parts delivered. Spent my day yesterday and today installing the hitch, running the wiring harness, and changing the fascis

Finally finished it. Got the parts from Mopar Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow Gustavo, you got that done quick Brother!!! Many have tried, few have succeeded!!! LOL!!!👍
Have you actually plugged in the trailer yet, and make sure everything works??? That will be true meaning of success!!! That wasn't fun though, was it???😎

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow Gustavo, you got that done quick Brother!!! Many have tried, few have succeeded!!! LOL!!!👍
Have you actually plugged in the trailer yet, and make sure everything works??? That will be true meaning of success!!! That wasn't fun though, was it???😎
Hahaha thank you!! :)
Yeah I have seen a lot of people having problems connecting the wireless harness for the tow, but honestly the instructions were pretty straight forward if you followed it. I will have to say the only hiccup was passing the wire from the engine to the inside of the cabin, but since I already have a small cubby hole where I pass my other lights, then I used the same one.

So the tail lights on the Jeep connect to the harness and they work! So just need to really test the trailer, but honestly I am pretty confident it will work!

Definitely was a huge headache replacing the Fascia since the damn clips were on there really good! One note is to not try taking short cuts, thought the tow could be installed without removing the WHOLE bumper, well I was wrong. Remove the whole bumper and the job will be extremely easy!

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Got my RRO Super Sliders installed last night! It was a bit of a pain at times; the second one went on much more quickly than the first, as tends to be the case with these things. Overall pretty happy with the job I did, Now can't wait to get out and beat on these a bit!

Looks great! How long did it take?
I was thinking of putting a set of Mopar rock rails on. The installation time listed OEM was 1 hour. I would imagine that's for the dealer. For me probably all day.

View attachment 214296

View attachment 214297

View attachment 214298

Next up I have some JL Trail Rated badges I want to swap, then it's the 2" HS lift and some new tires.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Hahaha thank you!! :)
Yeah I have seen a lot of people having problems connecting the wireless harness for the tow, but honestly the instructions were pretty straight forward if you followed it. I will have to say the only hiccup was passing the wire from the engine to the inside of the cabin, but since I already have a small cubby hole where I pass my other lights, then I used the same one.

So the tail lights on the Jeep connect to the harness and they work! So just need to really test the trailer, but honestly I am pretty confident it will work!

Definitely was a huge headache replacing the Fascia since the damn clips were on there really good! One note is to not try taking short cuts, thought the tow could be installed without removing the WHOLE bumper, well I was wrong. Remove the whole bumper and the job will be extremely easy!
Looks great for a tough install project! Did the dealer have to software update the Cherokee for all the wiring like the brake portion to work? I read horror stories on the wiring part even from the dealers end. Just a lot of work to say the least. Great Job.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
As soon as I picked up my 2021 Limited last month I ordered and installed Mopar Mud flaps for the front and rear. I also put in Mopar front and rear slush mats for the 2021.
I used those in my 2014 Limited that I traded for the 2021. The carpets were still like new under the mats. the original carpet mats were still in the spare tire compartment and were like new.
I am debating Mopar rock rails at a future date. I'll have to wait for some one to install them on a 2019-2021 Cherokee. You tube video(from a dealer) makes it look not bad but you never know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks great for a tough install project! Did the dealer have to software update the Cherokee for all the wiring like the brake portion to work? I read horror stories on the wiring part even from the dealers end. Just a lot of work to say the least. Great Job.
Thanks! :)
I have not but I did inquire about it. They stated it was $160 for the OS install on the Cherokee. Since I am not planning on towing anything too soon, then I decided to post-pone it until end of summer lol

Ehh hopefully it wont be such a problem lol

2041 - 2060 of 2078 Posts