2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2078 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Last weekend, I replaced the pads and rotors after 76k miles on them (currently at under 139k miles for the whole car) and just a little bit ago, I replaced all four sway bar end links.

The driver side end link was a colossal PITFA because the Allen socket got stripped during removal, so I first used an acetylene torch, but I wasn’t getting that far, so I decided to drill it out using an oversized bit, and that finally got it loose.

For the brakes, I continued with Powerstop with OEM style, but this time with the rust coating on them (I realized my previous ones did not have it), and for end links, the Moog greaseable ones.

I think once I reach around 150k sometime next year, shocks, struts, and other suspension components would be good to replace.

I order new tires last week, and should be able to get them installed later this week (about 67k miles on them).

·
Registered
921 Posts
Last weekend, I got my new tires installed (sorry, no pics as I'm lazy, and it's wet and cold right now), which I went wit Firestone Destination A/T2, which is new for this year, so consider this a test. Tirerack gave them great remarks for being a good middle-of-the-road type tire. All Terrain Truck & SUV Tire | Firestone Destination A/T2

These tire replace my old Kumho Road Venture AT51, which had over 67k miles on them upon replacement, which considering it surpassed the 60k mile warranty, I think they did their job.

In the process of getting the new rubber fitted, and put on, Fleet Farm mentioned that my brake bracket carrier that holds the brake pads were not moving properly (in essence, when you let off the brake, the pads themselves don't really disengage from the rotor). I already suspected this when I replaced the brakes just a couple weeks ago, so decided to buy new bracket carriers. Well, they arrived a couple days ago, and I noticed a rather peculiar issue.

Here's the one carrier. Looks good, right? Well, here's the Rear Right side:

Notice anything odd perhaps? Like...how do you suppose I'm supposed to insert the pads? 🤨

So yeah, somehow in Mopar's factory, they forgot to cut the grooves that allow the pads to sit in place. So back to Rockauto that part goes, and hopefully a replacement piece is correct. Already got my shipping label, but I'll have to wait until later this week to ship that out. In the mean time, I can still replace the Rear Left carrier (which I believe is the one Fleet Farm mentioned was sticking).

I might even decide at this point to buy the front ones too. Brakes don't last forever, you know?

Reactions: rumrunner

·
Registered
921 Posts

IT FITS!

Given winter is approaching, it makes all the more sense to fit your vehicles inside. By turning my 2005 Mini Cooper S 90 degrees, and placing it almost against the wall to the corner, we were able to fit my Wife's 2012 Fiat 500, and of course Badger as well.

All those years playing Tetris have finally paid off! :geek:

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
907 Posts
Put in an X2 Power battery and designed, 3d printed and installed new shock tower covers in the front...
(I only had one, bugged me)

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,608 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, you should come up with a JCC member sticker, and sell them to us...Something cool!!! Nothing lame. I'd be all in...LOL!!!😎
I am in! I am not sure the right topic to put that in as I would love everyone to contribute to it! Maybe I will start a thread in "the JCC lounge". Mods feel free to point me in the right direction haha :)

·
Premium Member
2014 V6 Trailhawk
234 Posts
I've been looking at that roof rack from Garvin. Any chance you can take a couple measurements for me? I'm trying to get calculate my max height with this rack installed, so is it possible you can take a measurement from roof to top of rack in the middle and also to the top of the wind dam? Also, is it higher than the stock antenna?

Thanks heaps!

I installed a Rough Country 40" LED light bar with the Resilient Industries roof rail bracket. Also installed the mounting pins for the Maxtrax traction boards on my roof rack. The light is crazy bright and the traction boards are awesome in the mud, got to put both to use out camping and mudding right after I installed them.

View attachment 210964 View attachment 210966
View attachment 210965
Lighting a "bonfire"

·
Registered
907 Posts
I designed and 3d printed a smaller mount for my iOttie Qi charger. The A/C vents are a bit too flimsy to use (I don't like blocking them anyway), and I didn't want it stuck to my windshield or the top of the dash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had my end of the year oil change and tire rotation, Dealer also replaced two front struts/shocks that were leaking. Also finally installed the last of my skid plates.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
907 Posts
I created a 'Black Bird", same as the Trail Hawk emblem minus the text. Was going to put 'Black Bird' in the text, but when I saw how it printed, adds to the bird effect.

Both sides are similar, just the way the light hits it. Even the tail, and an illusion of the body and talons...
Now, to let the paint (a deep metallic grey) cure some, and then put it on my Jeep...

Reactions: Flybynightcru
2021 - 2040 of 2078 Posts