2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1981 - 2000 of 2021 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
What did you install? Results?
I went digging all over the internet for this one, the product came from South Korea. There's actually various products sold by people within that hemisphere that are very close in terms of what they do when you add it into the Jeep. This specific one that I bought will even work with a grand Cherokee, dodge ram and Chrysler 300 depending on the years. I'll do a full write up on it within a week and post it as its own thread. There's some stuff that I like and some stuff that I don't like but can certainly live with, stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Installed a dual dash camera system. Gonna be doing Uber/lyft soon so want that for the just incase. Also been wanting one just for the idiot drivers out there. I'll have enough video of idiot drivers for a new YouTube channel in a week lol

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
some exterior upgrades.
niteshades on reflectors, 3 coats niteshades, 3 coats clear.
added the oscar mike badges. (yes i know its for wrangler, idc. I am a veteran,work with vets and the overall theme of my cherokee is very military, so it fits.) distressed the badges a bit paint matched close as i can. and yeah i know the slides are butt ugly but for 3$ they work great in the basement yard and driveway lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
View attachment 211318
Getting set for the 4th!
I love it, but my veteran twich is kicking in and i cant let it go without saying you need to raise that pole. That flag is gonna touch the ground with suspension travel. That just cant happen man. (seriously the U.S. can never touch the ground, its in the flag code and disrespectful to what the flag stands for) Bonus, moving it higher it will flap in the wind alot easier when driving. I made one a while back for less than 20$ black pipe and eye bolts. easy peasy. check my showcase or posts you'll find it if you need.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love it, but my veteran twich is kicking in and i cant let it go without saying you need to raise that pole. That flag is gonna touch the ground with suspension travel. That just cant happen man. (seriously the U.S. can never touch the ground, its in the flag code and disrespectful to what the flag stands for) Bonus, moving it higher it will flap in the wind alot easier when driving. I made one a while back for less than 20$ black pipe and eye bolts. easy peasy. check my showcase or posts you'll find it if you need.
I ended up moving it up about 6 inches, that was the original test fit! It did great on the highway and some mild trails

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Purely aesthetic, but I threw on some fender stripes. They've added 15 HP AND I can find my KL a bit easier in parking lots haha

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
A bit of catchup...

A good hand wash for the first time this year a little while ago:

Summer tires back on:

Coated my winter wheels and tires, and put them back into storage:

Put some knockoff pedal covers on (I actually prefer these over the official Mopar set design) :

Used it to jump start my wife's Prius:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Finally installed a rearview backup camera on my sport even though I don't use it cause mirrors are always Superior except when you wanna know what's immediately directly behind you. Also installed a front camera that I found online just for shits and giggles. I imagined it would come in handy when doing very tight parallel parking or something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Purely aesthetic, but I threw on some fender stripes. They've added 15 HP AND I can find my KL a bit easier in parking lots haha
Yep now ya just missing the vortex generators on the roof! Then its a certified ricer! Haha

·
Registered
913 Posts
Finally installed a rearview backup camera on my sport even though I don't use it cause mirrors are always Superior except when you wanna know what's immediately directly behind you. Also installed a front camera that I found online just for shits and giggles. I imagined it would come in handy when doing very tight parallel parking or something.

That one on the front is actually kind of handy for when that squirrel runs out in front of you, and you can actually see the look on his face right before you squash him...LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts

How do you have these displayed in the cab?

Reactions: Gustavo Magallanes

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey where did you purchase your Tesla style radio for your Cherokee from? Does it retain stuff like heated seats/heated steering wheel too? And overall how do you like it and is there anything you hate about it? Thanks for your time.

Sorry, I just saw this. I purchased it from Phoenix Automotive. I also got their 360 camera setup, it's really effing nice.
It keeps the heated seats function, though there currently is no way to turn on the steering wheel heater, though it still comes on automatically if below 40f.

So far I'm absolutely in love with it. There are a few quirks but nothing major. I have a 2TB hard drive stuffed back there with 400 movies, I just navigate to them and play anything I want

I have Netflix, Shudder... tons of streaming aapps. It is basically a tablet, so anything you can do on a tablet, this radio can do.

Total for 360 camera and the radio was just north of 900 USD

It just plugs into the old radio plug. Pretty damn neat.

There isn't anything I hate about it, but I do have some niggles, when I reboot the unit manually, it loses time, like 2 hours, so I have to reset the clock.

Sometimes it "unloads" my dash camera.... which continues to record, I just can't access the video until I reboot.

And the steering wheel heater, I really want this to work again, they just need to add a button, I just haven't called to talk to their tech line.

Hope this helps

1981 - 2000 of 2021 Posts