2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Mine looks exactly like that. I'm guessing it has something to do with the manufacturing or shipping process.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
Good question, but mine also has it. You for sure haven't lost anything though!!! LOL...😎

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like a built in map to the closest Starbucks Coffee?

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
The 2018, and the 2019 look the same.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Maybe it's an attachment point for those sweet aluminum control arm bash plates, that nobody has come out with yet!!!🤔😎

·
Registered
3,345 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Nice. Good to know i didn't lose something. Lol. Never seen a headlight leveling sensor before. Very interesting.
We don't have those. We don't have a lot of things that are available in other markets, and we have a couple things that they don't have. Weird huh???😎

·
Registered
281 Posts
That levelling sensor is for Factory HID headlight vehicles (I gather those aren't factory fit in USA domestic market?). The HID headlights use a shutter to cut off the beam for low beam - which makes a really crisp horizontal line out ahead of the vehicle - which is good in that the illumination out TO that line is fantastic but bad in that above that line you've got squat. SO - the lights need to be adjusted to have that cut line quite high - std thing for that kind of headlight I guess - and makes it necessary to have a sensor setup to keep it from being blinding to oncoming traffic as the front end oscillates above neutral height.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That levelling sensor is for Factory HID headlight vehicles (I gather those aren't factory fit in USA domestic market?). The HID headlights use a shutter to cut off the beam for low beam - which makes a really crisp horizontal line out ahead of the vehicle - which is good in that the illumination out TO that line is fantastic but bad in that above that line you've got squat. SO - the lights need to be adjusted to have that cut line quite high - std thing for that kind of headlight I guess - and makes it necessary to have a sensor setup to keep it from being blinding to oncoming traffic as the front end oscillates above neutral height.
I definitely have that horizontal line but dont have a sensor for adjustment. I have factory led headlights.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have factory HID on 2017 TrailHawk, that leveler is not a Factory fit accessory in the USA.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
It's a great place to hang a "Gremlin Bell" from...😎

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's possible then that the headlights self levelling system is a requirement for HID headlights in at least some zones outside the USA - else they just decided by 2017 that it wasn't necessary. Not sure whether LED headlamps are just different in some way or its all exactly the same situation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts