2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 TH was my first jeep. No hate here, but I gave an 18 JKU a try and couldn't stand it on the highway, and traded it in - I guess I bought it for all the wrong reasons. Other car in the garage is Charger SP that we got from trading in the JKU. It's a hoot to drive. What else does the KL hive drive, and like?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Currently just the two Cherokee KLs (one Trailhawk 3.2, one Latitude 3.2). Previously the fleet included a 2017 Ram 1500, a very souped up 2008 Challenger SRT8, a 2007 Shelby GT-H convertible, and a 1977 F150 farm truck. We downsized earlier this year. :)

You might find this thread interesting, too: https://jeepcherokeeclub.com/98-jcc-lounge/109913-your-vehicle-history.html

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well I don't drive it but I ride a custom Yamaha Roadstar Silverodo 1600 when ever I can.

·
Registered
835 Posts
As my fun weekend car, I have a 2005 Mini Cooper S. Was my daily driver for ten years before I bought the Cherokee, and was too attached to give it up. I struggle to figure out if I'll ever get rid of it to be honest; not to mention I did a bunch of maintenance on it this summer, so I got even more attached. :D

Reactions: jim_87

·
Registered
511 Posts
Photo of my RoadBeast

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
2007 JKU, 2009 RAM 1500, 2016 Allegro Bus. Tow the JKU behind the Bus for the hard-core stuff (like Moab) and the KL for the road and easy trail stuff. More road and easy stuff these days, sad to say. Pickup is just for utility.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The weekend toy is a 2010 Challenger SRT8. Followed by my 16’ TrailHawk. And the wife’s 15’ Murano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My garage includes my wife's '18 Compass that we call our street-jeep.
Much sportier feel than my TH. I think mostly because of my heavy tires and the extra weight of the TH.

I drive a '16 GMC Canyon as my daily now. 2.5 yrs old and 70,000 miles :(

My youngest son, in his senior year of HS gets to drive the TH now everyday. But it stays when he goes to college and I get it back!

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a loaded 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T AWD. Amazingly, our 2018 Cherokee TH is just as comfortable on the 6.5 hour ,mostly Interstate trek we make monthly to our retirement home. Bought the Caddie for the handling/performance/features and the TH for it`s utility/off road capability-but it does both. What a deal!

·
Registered
118 Posts
1971 VW Bus "Adventure Camper". My all time favorite. Owned it over 40 years, it has 400,000+ miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
1971 VW Bus "Adventure Camper". My all time favorite. Owned it over 40 years, it has 400,000+ miles.
Mad respect to you! I love me some air-cooled Volkswagens, so I was very delighted to see this posted. Equally so, over 400k miles?! :surprise:

I need an air-cooled VW in my life. :grin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mad respect to you! I love me some air-cooled Volkswagens, so I was very delighted to see this posted. Equally so, over 400k miles?! :surprise:

I need an air-cooled VW in my life. :grin:
Actually it has closer to 500,000 miles, speedometer was broken for a few years in the 80's. This is my 2nd 1971 VW Bus. My 1st one was bought new in November of 1970. It was a full "Adventure Camper" that was converted at the Adventure conversion factory in San Fernando, CA. Volkswagen dealers throughout California and probably other states had this option available. That 71 Bus did a camping trip to Anchorage Alaska and back to Santa Monica CA via the Alcan Highway in 1972. For me, the VW Bus is the original SUV.

Reactions: Shoulder

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Fun weekend car is my 2010 Nissan 370Z. It's the 40th Anniversary Edition that I've had since 2011. Great car that I occasionally track...

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
While I drive the Jeep 99.7% of the time, occasionally I drive my wife's 2001 SLK 320 3.2 V6 6-speed manual.

We bought it for our 20th Anniversary in 2000. It was special ordered and was delivered to Bellevue, WA 06/03/00.

She will never sell or trade it for any other vehicle.

Reactions: Duke2015

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 2019 TH joins a 2011 Cayman, which is a weekend and AutoX car for me.

Funny enough, next purchase will likely be a portable compressor - which I can use for both

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sweet, I had a 1966 21 Window MicroBus for many years. I installed the camper interior from a junked bus. Was a fun daily driver and weekend camper, I am a former VW Mechanic and had many VW's over my earlier years. Family came and wife working for Chrysler and Me at GM Proving Grounds, VW's have been long gone for us. Don't see many old VW's of any sort around any more.

Reactions: Duke2015
1 - 20 of 55 Posts