2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is one feature from a prior car you wish the Jeep had, that was not an option on the KL?

For me it would be the Heads Up Display (HUD). Yes having a big ol' digital speedo in the middle is nice. But i miss all my cars info being projected on to the windsheild in my field of view so i never had to take the eyes off the road.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nothing. The jeep has every feature my previous car had plus more. I wasn't willing to compromise so I bought the trailhawk elite to get all the features.

However there are features that my jeep doesn't have that I want: rear heated seats, sliding rear seats, paddle shifters, power folding mirrors, trailer hitch, winch, rock sliders, etc. All but the winch are options on various trims around the world.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sliding rear seats for my TH/E, like the Overland has. Would have worked much better for the dog to have the seat all the way forward. The dealer made a big deal about the feature (probably since I thought it was a great idea) but had to backpedal when he found out it was not available on the TH/E. Got some free gas for the disappointment.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Larger Gas Tank

·
Registered
133 Posts
Heated seats and wheel. Wish they would sell the cold weather group here in the Southeast w/o waiting for 8 weeks to have one built.

AK4wheeler

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Gas cap on the driver side! That's it! LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Off-road pages..were promised but never delivered. Not even the 2020 KL's have them. Guess they can promote it and never deliver with no repercussions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish it had a version of the ZF 8spd that my Ram had. Other than that my Limited is the most equipped vehicle I have ever owned. Every vehicle I have ever owned prior was a base model.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Off-road pages..were promised but never delivered. Not even the 2020 KL's have them. Guess they can promote it and never deliver with no repercussions.
I did some research into this, and the reason the off-road pages never appeared may have been related to the hack of the cherokee back in 2017. The report I read on that made me think that the off-road pages may have required some sort of functionality tied to the cellular network connection. This is just a heavy dose of speculation though based on the names of some of the function calls I saw they discuss in the paper. The report is an interesting read, but will be a bit hard to follow if you aren't a software engineer.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sliding rear seats for my TH/E, like the Overland has. Would have worked much better for the dog to have the seat all the way forward. The dealer made a big deal about the feature (probably since I thought it was a great idea) but had to backpedal when he found out it was not available on the TH/E. Got some free gas for the disappointment.
They must of made it an option on 2018 and up? My 2016 high altitude has it. My Pug doesn’t care but it is nice to move the rear seats forward for cargo.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Manual transmission like my 2005 Mini Cooper S has.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I miss the ability my 2012 GC had - to add a custom background to my radio. Small thing, I know, but.... ;)
Yes I had a pioneer radio in my last car and I liked setting different backgrounds. I also wish I had a cooled steering wheel and heated and cooled cup holders. I looked into what it would take to add headed and cooled cup holders and it would be a real pain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts