2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on the differences and quality between the two brands when it comes to their custom fit liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
7,388 Posts
Can't speak to differences because I only have one brand, but I've had Husky in my 2014 since new and if I pull them out, the carpet underneath is like new. They've been through 5 Maine winters and 6 'Mud seasons' (what we call Spring here) and are showing no appreciable wear other than a bit scuffed under accelerator area.

We've also had them in my wife's 2017 KL since new and hers look brand new since she takes better care of her vehicles than I do ;-)

Reactions: Iron

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful! Thx for the input. The dead pedal is import to me. My ‘15 Latitude had so much damage there I couldn’t get it clean. So Husky it is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had gotten Weathertechs for my first KL, and they fit great and had great coverage (except the dead pedal) - however they were an absolute pain to clean. You could easily get dirt off of them, but the rubber they used would look oxidized unless you used a rubber/vinyl restorer.

I have Husky liners now, and I will say that upon installation the fit was not as exact as with the Weathertechs - but still very good. Maybe about 2-3% "looser" fit in about 3 areas. In use, I find the mats much easier to clean and they look great after multiple washings. The coverage is much better all around, and they stay in place (even without using the hooks). The aesthetic matches the interior more than the Weathertechs did as well.

If I had to get a 3rd KL, I would go with Husky.

Reactions: Iron and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good info and nice pics. Placing the order today.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have both (on different vehicles). I like Husky better for its softer material. I found WeatherTech a bit slippery when wet.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I have both (on different vehicles). I like Husky better for its softer material. I found WeatherTech a bit slippery when wet.
I had a full set of weathertechs in my parents Caravan when we first got it. Within a year I had replaced them with a Husky set and sold off the weathertechs. Was not impressed with the product or the customer service provided by weathertech.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have Weathertechs in all of my vehicles, except for the KL. I bought the OEM Cherokee slush mats. They fit like Weathertechs but for about 1/2 the price.

I will say, the Weathertechs in my other vehicles are great, except for the rears in my wife's Charger. They seem to be made thinner for the rear seats and curl with the heat. But I have first hand experience that the front passenger Weathertech in the Charger can hold 64oz of Gatorade with out it running over. Thumbs up.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
62 Posts
I prefer Husky because they cover all of the dead pedal...
This was the original reason I bought Husky as well ^^^ Having had for over a year, I prefer the softer material and the "seemingly" better grip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pretty sure this has been covered...

I have Weathertech's in mine. I am more than happy with them. They do the job, fit perfect and look great. I have had them in just about every vehicle I have owned. I do wish they covered the dead pedal. That would be nice!

My wife has the Husky Liners in her car. They are well made and seem to clean easier than my Weathertech's.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had weathertechs in my 2014 and 2017 Trailhawks, I did not like the way they fit along the door sill, they left a crack and the mud and slush fell in there making its way under the mats, and the opening for the hook was so shallow, the melted snow/salt made it in and go under the mats. I had to keep paper towels to keep soaking the water.
I now have a 2019 Trailhawk and bought the Black All weather mats from Mopar, front and back mats (part number 82214855 $126.83) on Amazon.com while I visiting in Florida last March break. They are much better than the Weathertech mats, and they have the Cherokee logo on them. There is a wide solid border next to the door sill and the slots for the hooks have a higher shoulder to stop water from going in there.
I can’t compare them to the other brands out there, but they are better than the original rubber mats that come with the Trailhawks.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Iron

·
Registered
232 Posts
3d maxpider are awesome have them on other vehicles in the family. My jeep has weather tech from the po and not impressed. They move around and do not fit snug by the door which allows crap between them and the door sill. I just searched Amazon and these are a steal at $27. Look to be very similar to 3d maxpider. Seems the same parent company makes them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C38KHC1/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my Husky liners in a while ago but had to wait to get her detailed and cleaned up. Not as good of a fit as I thought but I still like them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have husky liner xact contours in my ram, had weatherbeaters before... I sure wish huskyliner made xact contour for our KL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts