2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
The pick up...maybe. It would be a very difficult market for them.

The buggy...definitely not. Not enough safety features for the demands of our government.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Tarok concept reminds me a lot of the Subaru Baja in the early 2000s, which even today has more of a cult following than it being an outright success. Some might also line it up with the current Honda Ridgeline, but the Ridgeline has more practicality given it has a full-size bed compared to the Tarok.

I think there is still a market for a vehicle like the Tarok, although its success would be limited I think. I do see there's a removable access panel that would allow for larger items such as sheets of wood, 2x4s, skis, surf boards, etc, so it does sport plenty of capable practicality.

Now the Buggy is a different story, and as AK4Wheeler pointed out, safety would be the biggest hurdle I think. Unless they marketed it as a kit car that you had to build yourself, or a quad-bike, only then I think it could actually sold here. If it were the latter though, then I don't think it could legally drive on public roads.

If anything, I think it's more a niche market for both of those concepts, but I do love the idea of them. I've driven a couple Meyers-Manx Dune Buggies in the past, and they are of course a blast to drive, but naturally not well-suited for paved roads, although you can do it because they are kit cars by nature.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Usually, a render can start reaching levels of reality. This is the first video I've seen where reality looks like a render.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts