2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Talking about improbable and impractical engine swaps. The Road Kill crew swapped a 440 big block Mopar with a 727 tranny into a Suzuki Samurai. They did this in a junkyard using only parts they could scavenge from the junk yard.

The two vehicles below bling to a guy that lives near me. He also has a full size Mercedes sedan sitting on a home made chassis with a small block Chevy and K5 blazer drivetrain.

Why does he do it? Because he can. Quite sure he could put a V8 power train in a KL Cherokee. It certainly would not be a practical vehicle.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Possible? Maybe, nobody's tried. Practical? Hell no!!! I put a Coyote 5.0 in a 67 Fairlane, designed to accept a 427 Side Oiler, and though very doable, and a lot more practical, it was far from cheap or easy. Still apple's to oranges with a KL. I'd love to see a full custom KL "Restomod", why don't you build one, and show us how it's done...😎 View attachment 213323
lol...I only just now realized you said you put this in a 67 Fairlaine...yours? More pics please.

I miss my 67 Fairlaine...it was a beauty...289, 4-spd toploader.
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light

• Love
Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,038 Posts
lol...I only just now realized you said you put this in a 67 Fairlaine...yours? More pics please.

I miss my 67 Fairlaine...it was a beauty...289, 4-spd toploader.
View attachment 219415
I've been looking for 67 Fairlane coupe for a while now. Mine is a Ranchero. I've still got the 427 side oiler that I was originally going to put in it...😎

·
Registered
69 Posts
You mean the Pentastar 3.6L V6, right? Never heard of a Pentastar V8...

But yeah what you are asking is essentially impossible unless you have won some kind of lottery and have no spending limit for your project. Crazy engine swaps are just about an extinct concept on modern cars due to the computerization of every component.
Not entirely true. I plan to do an engine swap in my 2008 lexus is250. However, the car isn’t considered super modern I guess.

But a v8 in a Cherokee would be a waste. Just go buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee trailhawk v8 instead. And besides, the Cherokee’s 4wd system is elementary compared to the grand cherokees.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Actually its not elementary at all, why would you say that. The AAM ecotrac is an extremely good awd system and very unique with an actual low range that functions like a part time 4x4 system with a rear locker.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts