2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,371 Posts
Right now i dont have much faith in Jeep cares program. I already gave case open for another issue and been over 2 weeks now al the only updates i get are "we are still trying to contact your local service department." Yet when i was there for this issue nothing was said to me about the other issue.
I would be happy to take a look into your current case if you would like to PM us with your case number or VIN.
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
596 Posts
@Mark_ Word brother!!! It doesn't matter!!! Just check it!!! Expansion is not even close to enough of a factor that it will show + or - 10th of a quart variation. Old School or New School, some things stay the same!!! Again, just check it occasionally, if it's between the lines, you're good to go. 3 days and counting, Moab, here we come!!!

Reactions: Mark_

·
Registered
17 Posts
They only want it warm so it drains back better. I've never had an accurate reading at 5 minuets on any car I've owned or engine I've built, especially on horizontally opposed engine. Ever see what the oil in the pan does at 2000 to 7000 rpm's? Even a windage tray and crank scraper can only do so much. Yeah it aint my dads 4.0 Jeep, I wouldn't touch one of those weak POS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Jeep Cherokee with 36,000 miles and I just had my engine replaced 2 weeks ago. My jeep engine had shut off at a traffic light and took about 4 different tries and finally restarted. Got it home and checked all fluids. The oil dipstick was showing 3 quarts low so replaced the oil and contacted the dealer in my area. They did an oil consumption test and then replaced the engine.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
If they are going to replace the engine why not put in a Pentastar V6 engine?
Pentastars seem to be junk.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just got the call from my service advisor that the new engine was approved and its going in wensday after work. They said they already had a engine in stock so no having to wait for one to be shipped. Enterprise who has a office there gave me the choice of any FCA car they have for the rental (covered under warranty). Im thinking charger or a challenger.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just got the call from my service advisor that the new engine was approved and its going in wensday after work. They said they already had a engine in stock so no having to wait for one to be shipped. Enterprise who has a office there gave me the choice of any FCA car they have for the rental (covered under warranty). Im thinking charger or a challenger.
Uh-oh. You are going to tool around in a Charger or Challenger? The smallest engine in the Charger is the 3.6L. The Challenger bottom-end is the 5.7 Hemi.

When you get your 2.4L Tigershark back it's going to seem, well, "inadequate" comes to mind. :sleep:

Enjoy whatever loaner you get. It's always fun experimenting with an unfamiliar vehicle.

Oh - and having an engine "in stock" is never a good sign!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
[QUOTE="AZJeeper, post: 2946658, member: 127546"
When you get your 2.4L Tigershark back it's going to seem, well, "inadequate" comes to mind. :sleep:
[/QUOTE]
I dont mind, I came from the forced induction world. My old Pride and Joy was a highly modded supercharged 3.8L made over 400hp 450tq to the front wheels It was an 11 second car. I had my go fast phase it was fun as hell but it got expensive. In all honestly the 2.4 gets up to speed decently, yes be nice to have power for passing but is what it is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Glad they are taking care of you. I have no issue with the Tigershark performance and think it’s well mated to the transmission. It gets fantastic mileage on long treks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am Really starting to wonder if my shitty gas milage was caused by this engine issue. I mean if it's burning oil the piston rings are not sealing well which means losing some combustion pressure and efficiency.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just finished a R/T from NW of Chicago to Knoxville and the digital mpg average said 34 when I finished. I realize the accuracy of those on board systems are suspect, but I don’t do hand calculations. Works for me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well Got a rental Cherokee(20' Latitude) while my Cherokee (19' Limited) is getting a new engine. Here is what i noticed. Both are 2.4L and the Latitude feels so much more responsive compared to my Limited that feels like it has to work more. Also the Latitude shifts are like so smooth and silky you DONT feel them, where my Limited not bad but you can tell it shifted. Also noticed the AVG mpg on the Latitude sits at 24.3 ac on, in almost 100°f heat, and me kinda sprinting from a stop to test out how responsive a different 2.4l felt. Now compared to mine, i baby it and cant get it past 16 mpg. The reason my engine is being replaced is due to oil consumption and is being done under warranty. I am really wondering if my shitty mileage could have been due the piston rings not sealing the cylinder thus losing efficiency. Guess ill find out in a day or two. Also Didn't realize how many features were optional like the one touch auto up/down front windows, steering wheel controls, a thicker steering wheel, auto lights, dual climate, blind spot, keyless enter and go, even the what the temp is in numbers on the uconnect. I already miss my Limited LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update: That was quicker then I expected. They started on the engine this morning, and just got the call its all ready. From the sound of it they just replaced the entire engine. Id figure they would have just replaced the bottom end and reuse everything else.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts