2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so i noticed my jeep doesn’t have an engine/ under carriage splash guard. I tried looking and i only found a piece from car parts but when it arrived it was too small to cover the whole undercarriage. Where can i get the full piece to protect the front underneath of my car? thanks
2014 jeep cherokee 4x4 sport

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Do you want stock plastic stuff or Trailhawk steel skid plates?
You also need to determine if you have a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine as I think whatever you want is different for each.
For the stock plastic whatever it is called go to a Jeep body shop and they can get the parts and install them fairly inexpensively.
Your insurance may cover it?
If you actually want to "protect" the undercarriage then you will need the steel skid plates used on a Trailhawk.
I think this can be done at great expense and with great difficulty.
Refer to this link: 2014-2018 Jeep Cherokee Transmission Skid Plate 68249570AA | Mopar Parts

·
Registered
619 Posts
You can buy the whole set of steel plates for under $1000. I don't know if they fit on a non-trailhawk vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you want stock plastic stuff or Trailhawk steel skid plates?
You also need to determine if you have a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine as I think whatever you want is different for each.
For the stock plastic whatever it is called go to a Jeep body shop and they can get the parts and install them fairly inexpensively.
Your insurance may cover it?
If you actually want to "protect" the undercarriage then you will need the steel skid plates used on a Trailhawk.
I think this can be done at great expense and with great difficulty.
Refer to this link: 2014-2018 Jeep Cherokee Transmission Skid Plate 68249570AA | Mopar Parts
sorry for the late reply, didn’t get a notification but i rather do it stock for now and later on install skid plates. Also it’s a v4 2.4L multiair engine. Not sure if i’m right but i looked it up and saw some for $200?? If i get the stock splash guard, do you think it’ll still protect it from water/mud splashing inside the engine? I don’t do extreme off-roading because i live in miami and there’s not a lot of mudding. There’s this field i go to that’s usually a lil flooded and a few mud holes here and there. All i’m worried about is water/mud/dirt kicking up inside the engine area
thanks !

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I don't think steel skid plates or the plastic aerodynamic shields will keep mud or water from splashing up into the engine compartment.
I took a nose dive into a deep mud hole and exited airborne, I have mud in places that will never be seen.
It took 2 days to try and wash out the mud. There is still mud in there someplace.
I even had mud on the underside of the engine hood.
I have a 2014 V6 TH with Mopar rock rails.

Check out this post: Water Fording.

The mud won't hurt anything. I would be more concerned about the sea salt in the air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts