2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ignorant on Uconnect in general, but just experienced a Uconnect update, over the air, and I'm thinking "how cool is that?". It took about 30 minutes, and i was afraid to turn it off, but thank goodness I stuck it out and it finally completed and "rebooted". Kinda sorry I didn't hit the "what's new?" button when it finished - I just hit "okay" 'cause I was so thankful it worked. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ohhh I’m so hoping it updates mine, they say the app to remote start will actually work
You could have taken the Jeep to the dealer and had the update done to the RF module and made the app remote start and other features work.

When I bought my 2020 Cherokee Limited in April of 2020, I was having serious issues with SiriusXM Guardian service not activating correctly (which has been a recurring issue on 8 FCA products I have leased in the past 5 years).

Once I escalated the activations issues to a level where they would just rather do anything to fix it than continue to listen to me complain, I started having issues where the app would not control my vehicle after the car sat for more than 45 minutes.

I was fortunate to be assigned a case manager for my issue who worked with the Uconnect engineers to write new software for my Jeep to correct the issue. They changed how long the RF module stayed awake looking for signals.

My Jeep was the test for the effectiveness for this software fix, I had a daily call with the software engineer and case manager for 2 weeks after the change was made to my vehicle. After two weeks of successfully being able to have the app control the Jeep after it sat at work or overnight, FCA made the software change available for all 2020MY vehicles with the 8.4AC system.

I got my customer satisfaction notification for the software update in May 2020. I still have to take the Jeep to the dealer to have the system mark it complete although no changes to the software will actually take place.

Hope it works for you like it did for me.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'm ignorant on Uconnect in general, but just experienced a Uconnect update, over the air, and I'm thinking "how cool is that?". It took about 30 minutes, and i was afraid to turn it off, but thank goodness I stuck it out and it finally completed and "rebooted". Kinda sorry I didn't hit the "what's new?" button when it finished - I just hit "okay" 'cause I was so thankful it worked. :)
It generally doesn't say anything of value:

IMG_0254.jpg

However, I just noticed that I could have tapped to the right...but didn't notice that at the time.

I do wonder if this update would make the uconnect guardian actually reliable now? I stopped paying for it, as for $30+ a month it was absolute garbage

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for that. I will tap to the right when I receive my update, but I won't be surprised if it just takes me back to the main home screen. :)

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone been able to see what’s new?

·
Registered
427 Posts
When/if I receive this update, I will hit that right arrow to see if it gives any detailed info or if it just sends the screen back to the home page.

I doubt that there is any new functionality with it as someone would of noticed that by now. It's probably just a bug update, and quite frankly they could stand to do a bug update on a monthly basis. ;)

Reactions: idonbro and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
391 Posts
I got the message that it was available during a short trip (, 5 mins) yesterday, when I started the Jeep today, it was done! Aside from losing one of my FM presets, I haven't noticed anything...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I
I got the message that it was available during a short trip (, 5 mins) yesterday, when I started the Jeep today, it was done! Aside from losing one of my FM presets, I haven't noticed anything...
I lost all my radio presets, and now can’t get them to save. Every time I turn the car off, the presets are lost. I checked the manual, but it doesn’t say the car needs to be running, or on accessory to save them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
391 Posts
I lost all my radio presets, and now can’t get them to save. Every time I turn the car off, the presets are lost. I checked the manual, but it doesn’t say the car needs to be running, or on accessory to save them. Any ideas?
Believe it or not, You need to re-save your memory settings (the 2 on the door for your seats & mirrors), uConnect is part of this as well!

Reactions: Old Car Guy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts