2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi all, I have also lurking here over the past few months and am getting close to taking the plunge. I recently purchased a 2017 Cherokee Limited and am thinking of switching out the 3rd generation 8.4 for the 4c with Nav. My current radio also has nav installed and i also have the heated seats and wheel. SO....after reading through this post numerous times and all the info it appears that all i have to do is swap out the head units, and then get the proxy alignment done at my local dealer? From what i have read it appears that Android Auto would work fine with my existing hub, so i wouldnt have to replace that, correct? I do not have an android phone so i am not worried about carplay at this time. I am looking to buy a head unit from the LKQ website with nav for $650. Will purchasing this provide me with the "unlock code" that you guys have spoken of? I am assuming the proxy would do the rest. Thanks always for all the help!
Everything you said is correct, no lkq will not provide you the unlock code. You can purchase it here for less than $15 bucks

https://www.ivgsoft.com/index.php

And just pray the proxi alignment can be done without errors.

Be careful with lkq though, a lot of radio listing with nav are actually the 7" screens with no nav or they're selling the receiver itself without the screen attached. so look at the pictures and title clearly before purchasing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 2015 Limited, so it does have dual automatic climate control. I have the system that came stock with the UConnect 8.4AN system, it does have the option with the factory subwoofer, so not sure if that is the premium system or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Everything you said is correct, no lkq will not provide you the unlock code. You can purchase it here for less than $15 bucks

https://www.ivgsoft.com/index.php

And just pray the proxi alignment can be done without errors.

Be careful with lkq though, a lot of radio listing with nav are actually the 7" screens with no nav or they're selling the receiver itself without the screen attached. so look at the pictures and title clearly before purchasing.

I got my radio from LKQ, was a pretty smooth transaction and was the correct one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my radio from LKQ, was a pretty smooth transaction and was the correct one.
Thanks Brian, I have had a good experience with LKQ in the past myself replacing a damaged wheel on another vehicle i used to own.

How did your install go? Did you replace just the screen only, or did you do the hub and the HVAC as well? Any issues with it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Brian, I have had a good experience with LKQ in the past myself replacing a damaged wheel on another vehicle i used to own.

How did your install go? Did you replace just the screen only, or did you do the hub and the HVAC as well? Any issues with it?
Install was quick, took me about an hour start to finish, and i even swapped the XM subscription via chat in that time. I did replace the HVAC module with PN #68370299AC , not sure if I had to do that, but I watched the video from the infotainment site and they sell it with their kit. I got the part for $50 on eBay, so I figured why not, better safe than sorry. I did not replace the Hub, I am an Android guy with no interest in Apple or CarPlay. My understanding is that if you want to use CarPlay you have to replace the hub, if you're Android you don't have to. Mine works with the USB next to the gear shift just fine. No issues at all, works great and the wife is loving having Android Auto in there. Now I don't have to listen to her complain daily on how bad the built in Nav was on the older generation, that makes it well worth the upgrade LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Install was quick, took me about an hour start to finish, and i even swapped the XM subscription via chat in that time. I did replace the HVAC module with PN #68370299AC , not sure if I had to do that, but I watched the video from the infotainment site and they sell it with their kit. I got the part for $50 on eBay, so I figured why not, better safe than sorry. I did not replace the Hub, I am an Android guy with no interest in Apple or CarPlay. My understanding is that if you want to use CarPlay you have to replace the hub, if you're Android you don't have to. Mine works with the USB next to the gear shift just fine. No issues at all, works great and the wife is loving having Android Auto in there. Now I don't have to listen to her complain daily on how bad the built in Nav was on the older generation, that makes it well worth the upgrade LOL
Thanks again! Very helpful. I am also android myself so I have no interest in doing the extra work to swap out the hub. I'll never buy an iphone lol. Where did you happen to buy the HVAC module from? Did you get the proxy alignment done at the dealer? Were they knowledgeable with it? What did they charge? Also, where did you get your unlock code from? Sorry for so many questions! Just want to make sure i do this right!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again! Very helpful. I am also android myself so I have no interest in doing the extra work to swap out the hub. I'll never buy an iphone lol. Where did you happen to buy the HVAC module from? Did you get the proxy alignment done at the dealer? Were they knowledgeable with it? What did they charge? Also, where did you get your unlock code from? Sorry for so many questions! Just want to make sure i do this right!
No problem,

I'm a DIY type so I did the proxy alignment myself, using AlphaOBD from the play store on my tablet and the OBDLink 426101 Bluetooth adapter from Amazon. If you buy those it will be about $130, but then you have access to program it yourself, or run diagnostics and a whole bunch of other stuff, forever. The dealership will probably charge somewhere in that ballpark, so it was well worth it for me to save a trip to the dealer.

I got the HVAC module (I just searched for Part number 68370299AC) and the unlock code off Ebay. Had the code in about 15 minutes, it was $22, I think Shemmar360 posted a link above that was cheaper, so you may try that one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Didn't you say that you had a 2017 Cherokee? Don't quote me, but I believe the HVAC module was the same for 2017-2019, at least it looked that way when I was searching for it. So you may have to look further into that, and may not have to replace it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Didn't you say that you had a 2017 Cherokee? Don't quote me, but I believe the HVAC module was the same for 2017-2019, at least it looked that way when I was searching for it. So you may not have to look further into that, and may not have to replace it.
What was the reason for replacing it again? Your heat/cold settings wouldnt work orr?? Cause even though my radio is acting weird with the speakers, and aside from it showing dual control on the screen when i dont have dual climate. I was still able to control the heat and settings via the screen and physical buttons that i have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What was the reason for replacing it again? Your heat/cold settings wouldnt work orr?? Cause even though my radio is acting weird with the speakers, and aside from it showing dual control on the screen when i dont have dual climate. I was still able to control the heat and settings via the screen and physical buttons that i have.

No other reason than I watched that video posted on the infotainment.com site for the system they sell and they said you may have to replace it, figured I may as well as long as I was in there. You may not have to change it at all, as long as things are working, all the better.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
No other reason than I watched that video posted on the infotainment.com site for the system they sell and they said you may have to replace it, figured I may as well as long as I was in there. You may not have to change it at all, as long as things are working, all the better.
Ahh okay, i feel like doing some in depth research right now. Do you happen to know what part # your radio was before you put it in? Should be on the back were the serial number was if you took pictures before installing it. Also would it be okay if i obtain a copy for your log from alfaobd? I wanna see your configuration for BCM to see what im missing from mine. Maybe after a few tweaking it'll pass the proxi. I was reading on the compass forum of someone trying to do the 4c upgrade as well and they ran into the same error message with the proxi until they changed a few settings. I tried theirs and what they changed but my proxi still failed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ahh okay, i feel like doing some in depth research right now. Do you happen to know what part # your radio was before you put it in? Should be on the back were the serial number was if you took pictures before installing it. Also would it be okay if i obtain a copy for your log from alfaobd? I wanna see your configuration for BCM to see what im missing from mine. Maybe after a few tweaking it'll pass the proxi. I was reading on the compass forum of someone trying to do the 4c upgrade as well and they ran into the same error message with the proxi until they changed a few settings. I tried theirs and what they changed but my proxi still failed.

No problem, will take a look when I get home later tonight.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Happen to have a picture with me, PN 68289296AH. Will look into AlphODB log later.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Happen to have a picture with me, PN 68289296AH. Will look into AlphODB log later.
Thank you, interesting i have the same part number as you except for the difference in the last 2 letters. Mine ends in AF instead of AH.

Im looking at a new one out of a 2018 ram 1500, part number 68331632AH. Its from a Canadian junkyard but I've read on the 1500 forums that they swapped out radios from a Canadian truck and everything still works except for uconnect but i never had that so i dont care lol. I would pay about 650 with shipping included for it. Online that part mumber is still for sale and going for over $1,100 worst case scenario if it doesnt work out for me again i can sell it for like 700 or 800 and make a profit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have a link to that compass discussion? My proxy alignment with AlfaOBD is also failing: "Writing configuration to Entertainment Telematic Module (LTM/ETM/HTM)...Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside allowable range."

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Do you have a link to that compass discussion? My proxy alignment with AlfaOBD is also failing: "Writing configuration to Entertainment Telematic Module (LTM/ETM/HTM)...Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameter(s) with value(s) outside allowable range."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/2nd-gen-jeep-compass-forum-general-discussion/42903-how-upgrade-7-8-4-uconnect.html?amp=1

Reactions: seanraymond

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the link Shemmar! I supposed I could've just googled that... my bad.

I'd like to try and update the sales codes associated with my new radio. I'm thinking that since the vehicle my Uconnect UAS unit came out of had dual zone and premium audio, and my car has neither of those options, that's why the proxi alignment is failing. I'm hoping that if I update the radio's sales codes (using 2019 codes, since that's the year of the radio) to be more closely aligned with my vehicle, that it will pass the Proxi.

I found the three digit sales codes for 2019's here: https://jeepcherokeeclub.com/6-cherokee-purchasing-orders/225873-usa-2019-jeep-cherokee-engine-transmission-option-availability.html

However, I don't know what the first 4 characters should be. AlfaOBD requests the sales codes in the following format: "This procedure writes SCL/PCL/Sales Code. Enter the code into the box below in the following format 'XXXYZZZ' where XXX is the Software Change Level (SCL), Y is the Part Change Level (PCL), and ZZZ is the Sales Code."

Does anyone know what the software change level and part change levels should be?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanks for the link Shemmar! I supposed I could've just googled that... my bad.

I'd like to try and update the sales codes associated with my new radio. I'm thinking that since the vehicle my Uconnect UAS unit came out of had dual zone and premium audio, and my car has neither of those options, that's why the proxi alignment is failing. I'm hoping that if I update the radio's sales codes (using 2019 codes, since that's the year of the radio) to be more closely aligned with my vehicle, that it will pass the Proxi.

I found the three digit sales codes for 2019's here: https://jeepcherokeeclub.com/6-cherokee-purchasing-orders/225873-usa-2019-jeep-cherokee-engine-transmission-option-availability.html

However, I don't know what the first 4 characters should be. AlfaOBD requests the sales codes in the following format: "This procedure writes SCL/PCL/Sales Code. Enter the code into the box below in the following format 'XXXYZZZ' where XXX is the Software Change Level (SCL), Y is the Part Change Level (PCL), and ZZZ is the Sales Code."

Does anyone know what the software change level and part change levels should be?
I've never messed around with the sales code so I'm not sure there but do all your speakers work?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've never messed around with the sales code so I'm not sure there but do all your speakers work?

Nope, only the rear speakers are working, and the volume doesn't work. I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. My current UAS radio is showing heated seat and steering wheel controls, as well as dual zone climate.

After I installed the first UAS unit that I ordered (part number: 68297446AG, model number: VP2_8.4 KL SXM) the speakers and volume controls (steering wheel and dash knob) DID work, but unfortunately, the screen was scratched to all **** during shipping because the bubble wrap around it all popped. I installed it to see if I could live with the scratches, but just couldn't do it. This unit also had dual zone climate and heating controls.

So I sent that back and bought a very similar radio, same model number, but slightly different part number of: 68297446AH.

If I can't get this one to work, I may send it back and just bite the bullet and order part 68297446AG directly from a Mopar dealer for ~$700...

Maybe someone else will find this post and chime in re: sales codes. Until then, I'll keep researching to see what I can find. Hopefully we can both get our radios up and running soon!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Nope, only the rear speakers are working, and the volume doesn't work. I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. My current UAS radio is showing heated seat and steering wheel controls, as well as dual zone climate.

After I installed the first UAS unit that I ordered (part number: 68297446AG, model number: VP2_8.4 KL SXM) the speakers and volume controls (steering wheel and dash knob) DID work, but unfortunately, the screen was scratched to all **** during shipping because the bubble wrap around it all popped. I installed it to see if I could live with the scratches, but just couldn't do it. This unit also had dual zone climate and heating controls.

So I sent that back and bought a very similar radio, same model number, but slightly different part number of: 68297446AH.

If I can't get this one to work, I may send it back and just bite the bullet and order part 68297446AG directly from a Mopar dealer for ~$700...

Maybe someone else will find this post and chime in re: sales codes. Until then, I'll keep researching to see what I can find. Hopefully we can both get our radios up and running soon!
See now I find that very interesting, do you have the base KL speakers in your Cherokee? As well as No amp and no sub?

I don't think it has so much to do with adding the sales code of the radio to the build of the vehicle because other people have done the proxi alignment here without having to add in that radio sales code. I think it's just something really stupid stopping the alignment from failing. I also think it matters heavily where you get your radio from and what configurations where made to it to fit the vehicle it was originally installed on.

Like I think our front speakers aren't working because it came out of a vehicle with premium speakers with amp and subs preconfigured to the raido itself. So when we plug it into ours, the radio is potentially searching for those amp and subs and because there is none in ours, it's confused and knocking out our front speakers and volume. Of course it's all software related and not a hardware issue so it could be fixed and that's why it matters where you get your radio from. I have a theory.

Let's do some digging, do you have the VIN #s of the vehicle you got both radios out of so far?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts