2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I could not find much on previous threads about this.
I recently got Spotify Premium on my iPhone, I tried connecting to the Bluetooth on the UConnect this morning.
In the spotify app I can see the "Uconnect" bluetooth connection so I choose it. However the song plays and stops every 2 seconds. Its not smooth. Stops starts stops starts etc.

Anyone else successfully using Spotify with Uconnect on iPhone?

I have downloaded the songs on the Spotify app locally so its not streaming, I downloaded using 320kbps. Its hardly due to the high quality of the audio file the Uconnect amp is not able to play it?

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
My son uses Spotify without a problem, whether connected to the vehicle by USB or bluetooth. We have Verizon Wireless. Remember that your Spotify connection is reliant on your phone's connection to the internet and your cellular provider's network quality, not anything in the vehicle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that is not entirely true. I have Spotify Premium, which means I can download playlists on the Spotify app, locally to my phone, so I do not have to stream all the time.
So I am not using any cell or wifi service to play to songs.

Ok so I tried the following and only 1 scenario works fine

- If I just connect to the Uconnect bluetooth, then play the spotify songs, it plays just fine through Uconnect

- However whilst connected to Bluetooth, once I plug in the USB for charging, the uconnect connection then auto changes from bluetooth to USB, when I try go back to the Bluetooth I cannot, and USB connection is saying device unplayable

For the moment its fine, It works fine just Bluetooth, I just cant charge my phone as I am playing music through Spotify

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW Uconnects "Technical Support" is GARBAGE!
I called asking about the issue, the lady had no IDEA what I was talking about, she was clearly scrolling through some kind of internal support site to try find relevant pages, and start to mumble on about something completely different to what I was asking about.
It is incredible that they hire people like that and put them into a technical support role!

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
When you are connected to bluetooth, and you connect to USB, the USB connection will normally take over the audio. Does it play at that point?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The Truth. The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth.

I called asking about the issue, the lady had no IDEA what I was talking about, she was clearly scrolling through some kind of internal support site to try find relevant pages, and start to mumble on about something completely different to what I was asking about.
It is incredible that they hire people like that and put them into a technical support role!
You have to understand that the people who work for Uconnect Customer Support are all unemployed Weathermen: they are paid to lie. >:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol ok that makes sense now!

Man i was so surprised at how bad it was I mean an auto answer machine but have understood more.

Ok good to know about the USB normally takes over. But no it stops playing at that point. I will just have to live with using Bluetooth alone without being able to charge the phone .......first world problems right!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After the terrible call with Uconnect support I emailed FCA Canada about it last night and got a call back just now. Person understood what was happening and They have had calls about this before. They said not all apps support the code behind the Uconnect devices. That I should use the lighter output to charge my phone rather than the USB whilst playing from Spotify. That way the connection won’t change and I can charge the phone whilst listening to the Spotify app through Bluetooth.
Happy with that solution, feel silly I didn’t think of it already!
Prompt service and solution from FCA canada tho.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
After the terrible call with Uconnect support I emailed FCA Canada about it last night and got a call back just now. Person understood what was happening and They have had calls about this before. They said not all apps support the code behind the Uconnect devices. That I should use the lighter output to charge my phone rather than the USB whilst playing from Spotify. That way the connection won’t change and I can charge the phone whilst listening to the Spotify app through Bluetooth.
Happy with that solution, feel silly I didn’t think of it already!
Prompt service and solution from FCA canada tho.
Was reading this thread from post #1 and before I got to the one above (with FCA solution), my tought was "power bank". Then I read their lighter socket charging solution and thought yeah, good one too.

If you don't already a lighter socket to USB adapter, then perhaps a power bank would make more sense as it is much more versatile (as in portable).

Something like this (Canada) : [ame]https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-20000mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B00R97DNHE[/ame]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was reading this thread from post #1 and before I got to the one above (with FCA solution), my tought was "power bank". Then I read their lighter socket charging solution and thought yeah, good one too.

If you don't already a lighter socket to USB adapter, then perhaps a power bank would make more sense as it is much more versatile (as in portable).

Something like this (Canada) : https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-20000mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B00R97DNHE

Funny you mention powerbanks I am more and more seeing people use powerbanks than before, and agree definitely an asset especially if you are away a lot thanks for the link

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Funny you mention powerbanks I am more and more seeing people use powerbanks than before, and agree definitely an asset especially if you are away a lot thanks for the link

Just found a great deal on Amazon (Canada) :
[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/Poweradd-20000mAh-Portable-External-Flashlight/dp/B01BEZKAOK/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1506695996&sr=1-14&keywords=power+bank[/ame]

That^^ is cheap for a 20000mAh unit with good battery cells. Now consider the 20000mAh powerbanks are somewhat bulky, but that's because they hold a lot of power... as in enough to charge two tablets or 6 phones. If you want lightweight, go for a lower mAh rating and size is reduced accordingly.

I love the bigger ones as I don't carry them in my pocket anyway.

If you want Qualcomm fast charging capability, they make powerbanks with that feature ; just search for them, and they are a bit more expensive...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is old, but I just wanted to say the service is not any better over time. I recently bought a 2016 Grand Cherokee, and Uconnect won't work at all (No Service). Tech supports reply " well with the switch of 3G to 4 and 5G, it didn't convert" OK Great, that would have been nice to know when I purchased it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts