2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Yea, we tried that too, the battery is less than a year old. It voltmeter 12.3 standing, and I tried disconnecting terminals, leaving overnight, and connecting the terminals together for 2 min prior to reconnecting to "drain" memory and hard reboot... still no effect

· Registered
4,626 Posts
Is this Post active again? "Discussions" in your Avatar says you have not Posted recently, but you did just 2 hours ago.
Refer to this Post: may be replacing one key fob battery Post #73 and all the other Posts.
Did you get the FOBs working since Post #21?
I am confused.
You may have to have a Jeep dealer diagnose the system. They have the tools to check everything and make sure the various parts work correctly and fix the real problem.
Get the Jeep battery checked someplace for free where they can give you a printout of the results. Look for "battery state of health".
Make sure you have an AGM battery of the correct size and that the battery cables are connected securely.
Just want make sure the car battery is not part of the problem.
There is a procedure in the Owner's Manual for starting the Jeep when the FOB batteries fail. Does that work?
Do your FOBs have a physical key that fits inside?
I am not sure what kind of "key" ignition system you have.

· Registered
6 Posts
Apologies... I still haven't fixed it...
This has a rotary fobik system, with WIN module.They have emergency bladed keys inside for.door and glove box locks.

I verified voltage on the batt is 12.4, and less than a year old, but I guess I'll remove I and go have it tested.

Would a dealer have significantly better scanner success with not being able to read codes. I have an advanced diagnostic scanner but due to no acknowledgment of key, the scanner can't read the computer to check for bcm codes, or anything else.

Thank you

· Registered
4,626 Posts
Searched the Internet, maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't.
There is usually a YouTube video if you can just find it.
So this it the fobic system you were talking about, I have the keyless entry system which is the other one.
Lots of luck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts