2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I have scoured the internet and have not really come up with much.

First off I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4 cyl. it has a little over 40K in miles.

On Saturday, my wife was getting ready to leave work. She called me and said that it wouldn't start. I go out to rescue her and bring my OBD 2 reader and scan it.

The codes that come up are:
  • P2122
  • P2127
  • P0123
  • P0222
  • P0600
All these codes that point to the TSP. The symptoms that my wife was experiencing were throttle hesitation, stalling, it was also having problems starting.

After talking with Napa Auto Parts they told me that the TSP and the throttle body are one in the same now. And at $260 I want to verify this and see if anyone else has had this issue and what was done to fix it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Taled to the dealership today. The "TSP" is not on the throttle body. When you get a TSP code it is referring to the gas pedal. I was able to get an OE one from the dealership for about $81.

·
Super Moderator
7,351 Posts
Ahh, i was thinking you were referring to a TPS, throttle position sensor....glad you got it sorted.

Reactions: jim_87

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue with my 2014 Cherokee Limited 6 CYL 54,000 miles. Check engine light came on this weekend. Husband said code was Throttle Body Sensor. He ordered a Throttle Body online. We haven't gotten it delivered yet. He had to replace one on his truck so he said it's an easy replacement. Can't order just the sensor just the whole part. I hope he had the right part for the code not sure what codes came up. i have the Lifetime Max Warranty. I'm thinking I should take it to the dealer but don't want all kinds of extra charges they said they had to put it in the system to see if it was covered for the $100 deductible.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm guessing you would have to pay fee for a diagnostics test. $90-140?? I would hope if the problem is covered under your warranty - many are - the fee for diagnostic text would be covered and then your deductible would apply. What is the cost of the Throttle Body online?

·
Registered
265 Posts
It would be great to see an "extended warranty section" added to the tech/ performance forum. Interesting to see what is / and is not being covered, when a diagnostic fee is charged, and loaners given. All in one place. Just my opinion - Who would set it up??

Reactions: jim_87
1 - 8 of 8 Posts