2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited. My trunk won't open anymore. You can here it engage when you press the release button but the trunk won't open. I tried to pull the fuse but that didn't do anything. I even did the old school way of opening a jeep trunk by hitting it near the handle and pressing the button but that as not worked either. Hopefully someone may have a suggestion. The last thing I want to do is take it in.

Thank you!
Zach

·
Registered
12,016 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited. My trunk won't open anymore. You can here it engage when you press the release button but the trunk won't open. I tried to pull the fuse but that didn't do anything. I even did the old school way of opening a jeep trunk by hitting it near the handle and pressing the button but that as not worked either. Hopefully someone may have a suggestion. The last thing I want to do is take it in.

Thank you!
Zach
Hey Zach, welcome to the forum :)

I don't have the power liftgate on mine, so I went looking on YT, which I'm sure you've done also. This guy did the fuse pull trick but it didn't work right away :

Other than that... I have no idea...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I don't have the power liftgate on mine, so I went looking on YT, which I'm sure you've done also. This guy did the fuse pull trick but it didn't work right away :

Hi Mark,

Yes I saw this too. I don't have the lift gate either but I did try this and it didn't work. Thank you

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts
Try the recommended reading below...
Someone had a loose screw blocking the latch... :cool:

·
Registered
2015 Limited 3.2 with a Bunch of Options
88 Posts

That video on utube, does anyone else have those Orange rings in their taillights?

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk, 3.2L, True Blue
10 Posts
About a year ago I was having a lot of annoying electronic issues, including my power lift gate occasionally not working. I read that KLs (and many newer cars) are sensitive to older batteries, so I replaced mine. It wasn't cheap, but it seems to have fixed a host of problems. Worth consideration...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts