2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i want to know which transmission fluids are recommended for cherokee 2015 2.4 engine?

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you want the stuff that's actually supposed to go in there, the Mopar fluid or ZF Lifeguard 9 fluid are it. The Mopar is just rebranded marked up ZF Lifeguard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Correct he didn't give us details maybe he has a slow leak he needs to top off. Even being lifetime fluid most recommend changing before 150k miles. Lifetime bs is just so they can sell transmissions. No fluid will last 200k miles without losing all additives and turning to sludge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My car has 160k km , problem i have is when i turn from park to reverse or drive , car has pushes. If i change fluid will it solve problem?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Probably not. Do you have evidence of a fluid leak? Take it to a real Jeep dealer and get a proper diagnosis.
Don't know what country you are in so this could be a challenge.
Do you have a check engine light ON? All recalls completed?
Tell us more details about your Jeep so we can provide more information.
Try posting in your native language and probably somebody here will understand what you are describing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No check engine light . I thought change fluid because my friends had similar problem, he changed fluid and he told me problem solved.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,344 Posts
My car has 160k km , problem i have is when i turn from park to reverse or drive , car has pushes. If i change fluid will it solve problem?
If you do, I would have the dealer do it, that way if it effs up the transmission, it's on them...😎

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
556 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an interesting thread. My 2015 sometimes takes off and shifts roughly. With my mileage (117K) common wisdom indicates a fluid and filter change, but not so with the KL and this nutty ZF. It's not so bad that it's uncomfortable or particularly worrisome, given my relatively gentle driving and this car's reputation.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts