2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi @K Short,

We have responded to your private message that you sent last night. It can take up to 24 hours for our teams to respond to a message. Thank you for your understanding.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Is there a phone num
Did they invite you to drive a like vehicle under the same conditions?
Yes they did , I left mine at dealership in a lower level model like mine . It did not make the noise. I returned when they called and said mine was ready a few days later and was told it’s working as designed. The mileage was the exact same I took a photo of it before I got out. It wasn’t even driven.
I’m beyond frustrated but guess I’m simply stuck . I would like to know why it does this. Doing 75 - 80 mph hit s dip in the road it’s s strong hesitation and pull to the left. Would be nice to have it repaired. Full warranty coverage was purchased as well.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Refer to post #9. Install Bilsteins. Drive faster so you go airborne and you won't have that problem.
Not sure about the grinding noise unless you have worn out front brakes. ABS is trying to stop a wheel when in the air and spinning freely.
My 2014 V6 TH takes speed bumps just fine, probably the off road suspension and Bilstein B6 at all 4 corners.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Maryland has really good vehicle inspection when you buy a used car.
If your state has Licensed State Inspection stations take your Jeep to to one with a good suspension mechanic and encourage them to find the problem.
If you pay extra they will check all 4 wheels not just 1 front and 1 rear.
AAA has service facilities in some places and I think they have very competent mechanics.
Get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report, it has a complete vehicle history.
Apparently your Jeep is still in Factory Warranty?
Work with JeepCares, Darlene can be your advocate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maryland has really good vehicle inspection when you buy a used car.
If your state has Licensed State Inspection stations take your Jeep to to one with a good suspension mechanic and encourage them to find the problem.
If you pay extra they will check all 4 wheels not just 1 front and 1 rear.
AAA has service facilities in some places and I think they have very competent mechanics.
Get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report, it has a complete vehicle history.
Apparently your Jeep is still in Factory Warranty?
Work with JeepCares, Darlene can be your advocate.
I will try these suggestions thank you.
The Jeep was brand new unfortunately and I thought I’d tried everything . Thes e are excellent suggestions . Thanks again. Hopefully this will be the answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The grind

Just got my 2019 Jeep Cherokee latitude plus 4x4 V6 9 speed in November. I have the same issue, they stated this should not be happening. I have to turn off the trac control before I go over speed bumps or I hear a nasty noise in the back like gears aren't mashing properly. She goes back Saturday so they can feel it out.
Was a diagnosis to this issue found and repaired for you?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Did they invite you to drive a like vehicle under the same conditions?
Yes they did , I left mine at dealership in a lower level model like mine . It did not make the noise. I returned when they called and said mine was ready a few days later and was told it’s working as designed. The mileage was the exact same I took a photo of it before I got out. It wasn’t even driven.
I’m beyond frustrated but guess I’m simply stuck . I would like to know why it does this. Doing 75 - 80 mph hit s dip in the road it’s s strong hesitation and pull to the left. Would be nice to have it repaired. Full warranty coverage was purchased as well.
After establishing this is not normal operation, most Techs would replace all 4 wheel speed sensors and retest. Not a big job at all. I question the Dealer's qualifications.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After establishing this is not normal operation, most Techs would replace all 4 wheel speed sensors and retest. Not a big job at all. I question the Dealer's qualifications.
Thank you I’ll try and suggest that. I’m having problems getting them to even change the oil honestly because of my taking it back so many times over this issue. But I will try the suggestions I’ve obtained from all of you and see what happens . Thanks so much ! I was starting to believe them but when you buy a brand new car with 11 miles all you want us to enjoy your new Jeep not complain about it . Appreciate all the help .

·
Registered
465 Posts
Is there another dealer you can go to? You do understand you do not have to return to the selling dealer. With no mileage added after a 3 day visit, somebody would have gotten an ear full, like the GM or owner, in front of other customers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there another dealer you can go to? You do understand you do not have to return to the selling dealer. With no mileage added after a 3 day visit, somebody would have gotten an ear full, like the GM or owner, in front of other customers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes I have taken it to the purchasing dealer and the dealer nearest my home and I suppose I am imagining the issue. I keep getting told "it is running as designed" "its not throwing a code" "you are going to fast over speed bumps". The next closest dealer is an hour away. These two dealers wont even schedule to change my oil I took it so many times. The last time they gave me a lower model just like mine for days and kept mine. The loaner did not make the noise and when mine was ready for pickup it had the same mileage it wasn't even driven. I can only take being disrespected so much I just gave up. The problem is worsening its been 14 months and 10K miles now.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts