2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago, my TPMS light came on with a warning to service the system. The instrument screen shows the PSIs for all tires except the left rear... it’s just blank. i thought it was just the drastic change in temp as it was 70 one day and 27 the next, so I brushed it off.

The next day, the light still kept coming on, so I took it to my local tire shop where I had my tires and wheels installed. They checked the pressure and used their scan tool to make sure all the tire sensors work and everything seemed fine. They also said just to keep driving and that it’s probably due to the weather as well.

The light is still on today and I’m starting to get annoyed. I have read online that it can take a few miles of driving for the system to clear itself, but I’ve done 60+ miles of driving and it hasn’t gone away. I really don’t want to take it to the dealership (quite frankly, they’re probably not even open since Ohio is in a 14-day quarantine). Anyone have other ideas on what it might be/how I can address this?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I purchased a set of winter wheels and tires. The tire shop used non OEM tpms sensors. Never worked right. Find out if they are OEMs/ Mopar. If not swap them. good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
Two days ago, my TPMS light came on with a warning to service the system. The instrument screen shows the PSIs for all tires except the left rear... it’s just blank. i thought it was just the drastic change in temp as it was 70 one day and 27 the next, so I brushed it off.

The next day, the light still kept coming on, so I took it to my local tire shop where I had my tires and wheels installed. They checked the pressure and used their scan tool to make sure all the tire sensors work and everything seemed fine. They also said just to keep driving and that it’s probably due to the weather as well.

The light is still on today and I’m starting to get annoyed. I have read online that it can take a few miles of driving for the system to clear itself, but I’ve done 60+ miles of driving and it hasn’t gone away. I really don’t want to take it to the dealership (quite frankly, they’re probably not even open since Ohio is in a 14-day quarantine). Anyone have other ideas on what it might be/how I can address this?
Try swapping the left rear tire to the left front and put the front on the back, drive it and see if the dash readings follow the problem to the front left. If so then that sensor in the tire may be your problem and their scanner didn’t read it correctly.
And also if it still reads nothing at the left rear tire, then look for disconnected or broken wiring and sensors by the tire mounting area.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Contact the tire store and have them tell you what frequency is printed on the TPMS they installed.
The Cherokee uses 433 MHz TPM sensors.
A Jeep dealer can use a RKE-TPM Analyzer to determine the frequency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts