2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you can throw the Cherokee Trailhawk sideways with a little steering input and some gas off the line.

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts
Yes, you can throw the Cherokee Trailhawk sideways with a little steering input and some gas off the line.
The Cherokee Can't break tires lose on dry pavement, snow and ice is different, but no one is getting sideways unless you have a video showing it

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts
Nah actually you haven't............A stock 4x4 cherokee will not break all 4 tires loose. In fact its almost impossible. It's possible if you have all the bolt on mods possible and a tune, then you will get all 4 tires to break loose momentarily, but its so minimal that you aren't getting sideways.

You can't get sideways from spinning your front tires either, so when I pulled my PTU fuse at the track and spun all the way through 1st, still not sideways

Oh, it will. been there.
You have 4 posts, pretty credible claim there. Let's see this video of your super fast cherokee going sideways

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was experience was leaving a parking lot trying to cross a really busy street. Hit the gas, boost came on and as turning left onto the street the rear broke free. I'm not sure why that is hard to believe. But if you want to call it bullshit, I can't convince you otherwise. The vehicle isn't an AWD sports car. It's not wearing the stickiest rubber.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,938 Posts
Nah actually you haven't............A stock 4x4 cherokee will not break all 4 tires loose. In fact its almost impossible. It's possible if you have all the bolt on mods possible and a tune, then you will get all 4 tires to break loose momentarily, but its so minimal that you aren't getting sideways.

You can't get sideways from spinning your front tires either, so when I pulled my PTU fuse at the track and spun all the way through 1st, still not sideways

You have 4 posts, pretty credible claim there. Let's see this video of your super fast cherokee going sideways
Ya, I'd love to see that too!!! Trackhawk, and SRT Grands don't count BTW...🤣😂😎
Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was experience was leaving a parking lot trying to cross a really busy street. Hit the gas, boost came on and as turning left onto the street the rear broke free. I'm not sure why that is hard to believe. But if you want to call it bullshit, I can't convince you otherwise. The vehicle isn't an AWD sports car. It's not wearing the stickiest rubber.
Possible, turning left, weight shift as vehicle turns left , weight transferred to right side drive wheel, one free spinning left wheel with little weight on it a possibility ?

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
You can with TC and ESC turned off. In normal auto I can get the tires
to squeal, but it isn't pitching sideways. If anything it will plow before it
gets sideways.

·
Registered
2015 Limited 3.2 with a Bunch of Options
54 Posts
Not to change the subject... But, Today I learned that even if you don't use the parking brake, but try to back up with the
drivers side door open, as soon as you step on the gas after putting it into reverse the parking brake automatically engages

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,938 Posts
Not to change the subject... But, Today I learned that even if you don't use the parking brake, but try to back up with the
drivers side door open, as soon as you step on the gas after putting it into reverse the parking brake automatically engages
Or drive as well. Safety first!!! LOL...😎

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I just tried it in the garage, and it engaged in drive and reverse.
I didn't hit the gas, maybe that's why the parking brake didn't kick in?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only reason I even know was because I scraped up my front tire on a curb while backing up ( never had a back up camera before) and I was counting on the screen too much. So, later I wanted to clean it up and when I pulled into the driveway of course the bad spot was pointing down not wanting to go thru the whole deal of closing the door while I backed it up a half foot to get the bad spot up to the top is when it happened. I haven’t used a parking brake in 25 years or so.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
This is weird... I tried with the rear doors open, and nothing. I opened
up the front doors (all 4 open), and could use the brake at an idle. Then
when I pressed the gas, the parking brake came on. I thought okay,
works as it should. After I shut the parking brake off, I could drive
up and down the driveway with out the parking brake coming back on
with all 4 doors open.. LOL I wonder if it only works once?

Reactions: Oldguyhavingfun

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yep, that is one of my pet peeves. And to this day I still sometimes forget and crack the door open a bit while backing into a tight space and then find myself not going anywhere. 😠

·
Registered
803 Posts
This is weird... I tried with the rear doors open, and nothing. I opened
up the front doors (all 4 open), and could use the brake at an idle. Then
when I pressed the gas, the parking brake came on. I thought okay,
works as it should. After I shut the parking brake off, I could drive
up and down the driveway with out the parking brake coming back on
with all 4 doors open.. LOL I wonder if it only works once?
Sure sounds like it, I'll have to try that as that would be a way to temporarily defeat the system.

Reactions: XJ99

·
Registered
54 Posts
Today, I learned, that if you have your FOB in your pocket And you are holding hands with your SO, and you walk Her to the passenger side door and She places her hand on the handle, It Will unlock

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,500 Posts
Today, I learned, that if you have your FOB in your pocket And you are holding hands with your SO, and you walk Her to the passenger side door and She places her hand on the handle, It Will unlock
It doesn't matter who touches the door handle, as long as the fob is in range (5 feet), you don't have to be holding hands either.
But, great bonding experience, and an excuse to have your SO hold hands!!! 😁

61 - 80 of 82 Posts