2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
I'm sure my KL only dropped 1.22s and gained 5.2mph because i'm that good of a drive, Why did the other tuned KL run nearly identical times stock as I did? Must have been such a great driver too right?
I guess when you put it like that, you're right. I guess anyone can just mat it and go, when you're drag racing a KL. No shifting, much more horsepower than traction is DEFINITELY not a factor, so ya, you're probably right, you and me, and a 12yr old world probably have pretty consistent times, running your tuned KL in the quarter mile. My point is, I'm pretty sure John or Ashley Force would smoke us substantially in say, your run of the mill Pro Street car, and the majority of us probably wouldn't even get down the track in one peice in a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car, so ya, I'm going to say performance in any vehicle or circumstances is definitely not all the machine. If any racing were easy, we'd all be professional racers, no??? Hell, half the population can barely drive through town without wrecking nowadays...Just saying...馃槑
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 3.2L 4x4
I guess when you put it like that, you're right. I guess anyone can just mat it and go, when you're drag racing a KL. No shifting, much more horsepower than traction is DEFINITELY not a factor, so ya, you're probably right, you and me, and a 12yr old world probably have pretty consistent times, running your tuned KL in the quarter mile. My point is, I'm pretty sure John or Ashley Force would smoke us substantially in say, your run of the mill Pro Street car, and the majority of us probably wouldn't even get down the track in one peice in a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car, so ya, I'm going to say performance in any vehicle or circumstances is definitely not all the machine. If any racing were easy, we'd all be professional racers, no??? Hell, half the population can barely drive through town without wrecking nowadays...Just saying...
View attachment 216550
That last part lmao, in Atlanta, can鈥檛 drive to work without seeing a wreck or someone clearly gonna cause one in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
That last part lmao, in Atlanta, can鈥檛 drive to work without seeing a wreck or someone clearly gonna cause one in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, back in the day, we used to call driving around the 285, the "Watermelon 500"...LOL!!!馃崏馃槑

Registered
Sorry. I'm better than that.

Registered
Here is a video of my 2014 running a stock tune, taking off from a roll, notice how the torque instantly climbs...........there is no delay

I've seen them, I'm not questioning that there is no lag on pretty much any normally aspirated engine, or the fact that you've also been able to tune the TCM to improve transmission performance Tyler. I'm the guy that's always praising your experience and expertise with the Alfa OBD, and the tuning that you've been able to accomplish, and I know you will continue that. You know what I always say, show me the numbers, and you've always got them...The point I've just been trying to make is, and I'll use Porsche for the example, two 911's, one normally aspirated, and one turbo. Yes, these aren't grocery getting, family SUVs like our Cherokees are, they're driver's cars, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Porsche has definitely been able to master the tuning of their turbo engines, since they have been building them for almost 40 years, long before modern computerized engine control systems. Can you jump into a 2021 Turbo S with all of the best diagnostics software and equipment money can buy, take it out on the track, and find some sort of turbo lag??? Probably, but you're definitely not going to when keeping the engine inside the "Optimal Performance Parameters", ie powerband, shift points, etc. Though, NOWHERE NEAR the precision of Porsche, the Jeep 2.0T turbo lag can be greatly reduced by driving it in the optimal performance parameters. That being said, I'm going to go out on an even bigger limb and say, it's probably very possible, and probable, those parameters could vary vehicle to vehicle, as we've definitely seen on other systems...LOL!!!馃槑

Here's an interesting read about the two Porsches, and if you're ever in the LA area, and have $1100 burning a hole in your pocket, I recommend a visit to the Porsche Driving Center, and get the chance to spend an hour and a half driving these two vehicles, the 911 Turbo S, and the GT3...馃槑
The 4-1-1 on the Hottest 911s: Porsche 911 Turbo and 911 GT3 Compared

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Sport mode actually does wonders with the 2L. Not because it gives it more power, but because it generally keeps the rpms above 2700, where it has access to all the torque.

Registered
Just for giggles :

Reactions: Flybynightcru

Registered
Simple enough??? LOL!!! Pretty sure this one is set up for "Anti Lag"!!!馃槑
White Light Black Automotive design Font

1400hp, 10.4 liter V8!!!馃槷馃槑

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
All depends on the tuning (though there are ways of doing it mechanically as well).

Registered
When it comes to V8 engines, I prefer supercharged over turbocharged. No lag there!!!馃槑

Premium Member
When it comes to V8 engines, I prefer supercharged over turbocharged. No lag there!!!馃槑
Buddy had a Grand Prix GTP back in the day, and that thing would scoot
for it's size with the super charged V6. Remember when "wider is better?" :cool:

Premium Member
100% right troll here posting nothing but provocative information about the KL platform with facts and Data to back it up. Instead of just scouring the internet for specs and picking apart auto manufacture's descriptions of their products, I test them out to either confirm or disprove what they are stating.

Did you want to highlight in the PCM and TCM where the statements I made are not correct about torque management? I'm sure you would have IF you actually had access to and understanding of the tuning right?

Call me arrogant call me a troll all you want. You always want to try and prove me wrong but never actually go out and test things and report back with data.

the Jeep 2.0T turbo lag can be greatly reduced by driving it in the optimal performance parameters
That just sounds like a lot of words for making up for excuses of real world performance, I don't have any optimal performance parameters for the V6, it's just gas and go whether it's tuned or not.

Registered
I test them out to either confirm or disprove what they are stating.
Right on...You think we can get Porsche to loan us a 911 Turbo S for testing purposes??? Man, we'd have some fun with that thing. You'd have a blast with your research and analysis on a REAL performance car, and I'm not trying to be facetious, or a smarta$$. I work with the likes of Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren and all the others on a daily basis, and have had the opportunity to be able to drive them all through various track days, and press events. These vehicles are in a completely different league, and level than our KL's, or ANY other average, and ordinary, normal consumer vehicle, including the so called performance models. There's no comparison, not even close...Just delivered these two fine examples of "Real American Performance" cars just yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't get to drive them farther than on, and off the truck, and into the building...馃槈馃槑
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle
Car Motor vehicle Hood Green Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Registered
Buddy had a Grand Prix GTP back in the day, and that thing would scoot
for it's size with the super charged V6. Remember when "wider is better?" :cool:
I miss my old GTP. This was before i ran a 2.6" daily

41 - 60 of 82 Posts