2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you might know, I was in the military. My jeep very much reflects that. to that end I've gotten some oscar mike badges from my local jeep dealer.
What i'm wondering is should i paint the lettering, or leave it be? the badges will end up on the left and right below the trail rated badges. or elsewhere if they look odd in that spot. 5
I already taped off and cut out each individual letter to preserve the factory color, painted the rest of the badge to a super close color to my jeep.

the lettering if i paint will be red or black. and distressed to some degree if i can.
what do you guys think?
pics below.
the jeep:

the badges as they are currently: not the best pic, but they are more a dark grey metallic than the original green.

here's another pic:

·
Registered
433 Posts
As many of you might know, I was in the military. My jeep very much reflects that. to that end I've gotten some oscar mike badges from my local jeep dealer.
What i'm wondering is should i paint the lettering, or leave it be? the badges will end up on the left and right below the trail rated badges. or elsewhere if they look odd in that spot. 5
I already taped off and cut out each individual letter to preserve the factory color, painted the rest of the badge to a super close color to my jeep.

the lettering if i paint will be red or black. and distressed to some degree if i can.
what do you guys think?
pics below.
the jeep:
View attachment 211323
the badges as they are currently: not the best pic, but they are more a dark grey metallic than the original green.
View attachment 211324
here's another pic:
View attachment 211325
I'm not sure on the color, but those are BADASS!!! Thank you for your service brother...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i kind of combined a few ideas and landed here. Need to get a fine point paint marker to clean up some lines, but overall so far i think its a winner. Once i clean up the lines i can clear coat it again. I do have to say, this krylon dark metallic (spray mixed with black) is nuts. depending on the light it looks black, silver/gray or just gray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts