2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup: 2015 Trailhawk, MFC 2” lift, Wild Peak 265/70/17 tires (just under 32”), stock wheels, front pinch weld mod

Issue: tires are rubbing against the frame at full turn (see photo). No problems with the wheel well rubbing after pinch and liner mod.

Wondering if anyone with a similar setup has used wheel spacers to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
Imagine that??? All spacers will do is determine whether you want the rub on the frame, or chew the fender trim and liners up...Still beating the drum for 245/70's!!! Maximum capable, and NO DRAMA!!!🥁🥁🥁😎

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hmm, I’m running wildpeak 245/75R17 almost same diameter. Its at least an inch narrower. Pinch weld mod also, no rubs . Looks great though. I would imagine even a small spacer will throw the rub into the wheel well liner, but I think I would take that over the frame and control arm rub

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
Wheel spacers are not your friend...LOL!!!😎

·
Registered
2 Posts
My setup: 2015 Trailhawk, MFC 2” lift, Wild Peak 265/70/17 tires (just under 32”), stock wheels, front pinch weld mod

Issue: tires are rubbing against the frame at full turn (see photo). No problems with the wheel well rubbing after pinch and liner mod.

Wondering if anyone with a similar setup has used wheel spacers to fix the problem. View attachment 214491 View attachment 214492 View attachment 214493
Off-topic: What type of roof basket is that, and how is your spare attached?

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m running 265/65/17s Cooper S/T with 2 in lift and did not have any rubbing until I added 1.5 in wheel spacers. I did the pinch weld mod and don’t have any issues now.
Can you explain what a "pinch weld" is?

I had 265/65, 2" spacer and a lot of rub. I recently replaced them with 1,5" spacer, better but still a tiny rub. I can see som bare metal where it has rubbed and I'm worried about rust.
Still love my spacer thou.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I had 265/65, 2" spacer and a lot of rub. I recently replaced them with 1,5" spacer, better but still a tiny rub. I can see som bare metal where it has rubbed and I'm worried about rust.
The black painted surface is the pinch weld area, used to stick out another 3/8 to 1/2” more. More room for the bigger tires.
Careful not to grind through the spot welds which is holding the pinch together. Similar grind on the back, just forward of the tire under the liner

·
Registered
10 Posts

Sure, basically you grind down the metal behind the plastic inside finder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts