2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of tires for the following: (my OEM's at 45k are due to be replaced)

2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude+
4WD
About 80/20 Freeway/In Town driving
Prefer all season, I drive between Iowa and Wisconsin weekly so some snow in winter etc....
I prefer something that will last 70k or so.
I tend to do 75(ish) on freeways etc...
I have a full size spare in the back.

Recommendations ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Your best bet to start is to go to tire rack and play with the tire selector plugging in your priorities. You are asking for a good tire so to peak out in that category if it where me I would be getting a set of dedicated winter tires also which will be safe and not regretting your purchase.
If you buy 1 set of tires you will end up with maybe a fair set of tires instead of the good to excellent tire. That tire choice is the biggest choice in making your Cherokee a great or average ride!
It doesn’t sound like your needing A/T so that makes choices a little easier.

2019 Trailhawk Elite
Build date April 2019

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cooper Discoverer SRX or Evolution Touring since you are 80% highway. Very comfortable riding and they last about 70K miles. I have Coopers on all of my vehicles (except for my 2019 Jeep that has Firestones...waiting for them to wear out). I have been running Coopers for the last 12+ years. Good Luck.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was just on tirerack.com and got 3 recommendations:

BFGoodrich
ADVANTAGE T/A SPORT LT - SIZE: 225/65R17

Michelin
CROSSCLIMATE SUV - SIZE: 225/65R17

Pirelli
SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II - SIZE: 225/65R17

Opinions on the above ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Personally, I have always found Michelin to be good tires but overpriced. My only experience with BF Goodrich was not favorable, but that was only one set of tires. I have no experience with Pirelli. As was mentioned above, Cooper makes some great quality tires at reasonable prices. Have a set on my wife’s Honda Odyssey currently, they ride and handle very well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Continental Terrain Contact AT is a good choice, quiet but still slightly aggressive should you find yourself going off the pavement.

While the Falken Wildpeak AT3W look really aggressive they are actually rather quiet on the road and vs the Continentals they are winter rated (if snow is an issue to you)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady
I put a set of these on my 2017 Cherokee 4X4. Best set of all-weather tires I've had on any car, and best set of "wet conditions" tires I've ever had. They've lasted 44K miles so far - I highly recommend them. I bought them from TireRack and had my dealer install them.
Here's the review I wrote a while back...
"GREAT Choice for Highway Driving! I drive about 40K miles per year, almost all on Interstates and other highways. I drive in all conditions, though seldom in DEEP snow (I live in Central Indiana). I bought these tires after doing a lot of internet research - I was looking for something that would grip the road no matter what the conditions were, and would allow me to maintain reasonable driving speeds to hold the road. These are easily the best wet-road condition tires I've ever had (and I'm 68 years old). In 35+K miles I've yet to hydroplane, and I'm used to regularly driving at the posted speed limits +3 mph. When I first installed them I was cautious - dropping my speed quite a bit when it started raining, but the more miles I put on the more I realized I could remain driving aggresively and remain safely in control even in wet conditions. Noise? I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in these tires from any other all-season tire I've used. They hold the road very well in dry conditions and light to moderate snow as well. I wanted a tire that would hold the road in my 4X4 Jeep Cherokee and would perform well when towing a light lawnmower trailer. This tire wins in all categories. I'm not an off-roader, but from the reviews I've read I'm confident I won't get stuck anytime soon if I wander onto a soft shoulder!Yes, I'd buy this tire again. GREAT choice!"

·
Registered
137 Posts
On my AD1 2014 KL limited

I have had the pirelli scorpion verde all season plus and while they rode nice and had good grip I did not get more than 30k out of them. They do not have full depth sipes and after about 20k miles the wet aspects suffered.

After that I got the Continental true contact tour. And so far they have been great both wet dry and snow. Have about 20k on them and only 1/4 worn. The LX25 is a great tire by them as well. Continental is the poor mans Michelin and perform better in most cases.

I have had Cooper tires on past vehicles and could not get rid of them fast enough. Just a value branded tire co which I found their tires got off balance easily and rode rough.

My go to's for tires.
Continental
Pirelli
Goodyear
Michelin though not as great as they used to be. Others make a better tire in some cases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts