2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that MrsRojhan and I are back in Oregon, I started looking for some day trips to explore and do some mild off-roading.

I think the WK2 will fit, even with the roof rack. It might be interesting to have to put the GC into parking height instead of off-road height. ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
That looks so cool

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think the WK2 will fit, even with the roof rack. It might be interesting to have to put the GC into parking height instead of off-road height. ;)
Honestly, I wouldn't count on it, unless parking height slams that thing to the ground. Not with a roof rack. My KL definitely did not make it due to my basket. Another KL I was with on that trail partially ripped his light bar off while trying to make it under. It's a cool photo op, but I think most vehicles who make it to the tree aren't able to actually fit under it. I did see a few in our large group make it though. @Pondhopper was there, maybe he has some further recollection and insight. So was @fusseli but he has since renounced the club

But in any case, I think you'd better go investigate in person! I really enjoyed my trip to Tillamook. "Stick In The Nose" is a really nice trail in that area, even though it was pouring down rain when I did it. There's a challenging rock garden as a gatekeeper at the beginning, but after that it's not too rough.

via tapatalk : 2014 V6 Trailhawk

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
@Rojhan @RhinosGoMoo Yes just did the stick in the nose rock garden during the 2019 Tillamook Jeep Jamboree and here are a few pics from the BOH run too. I fit under the tree only because I did not have a rack at the time

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
@Rojhan @RhinosGoMoo Yes just did the stick in the nose rock garden during the 2019 Tillamook Jeep Jamboree and here are a few pics from the BOH run too. I fit under the tree only because I did not have a rack at the time
Hey, there's me! Not fitting under the tree haha. I think if it wasn't for the roof rack I would have barely squeezed under.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, I wouldn't count on it, unless parking height slams that thing to the ground. Not with a roof rack. My KL definitely did not make it due to my basket. Another KL I was with on that trail partially ripped his light bar off while trying to make it under. It's a cool photo op, but I think most vehicles who make it to the tree aren't able to actually fit under it. I did see a few in our large group make it though. @Pondhopper was there, maybe he has some further recollection and insight. So was @fusseli but he has since renounced the club

But in any case, I think you'd better go investigate in person! I really enjoyed my trip to Tillamook. "Stick In The Nose" is a really nice trail in that area, even though it was pouring down rain when I did it. There's a challenging rock garden as a gatekeeper at the beginning, but after that it's not too rough.

There's actually a pretty significant drop in parking mode. I measured it at one time and posted it . I also have a platform rack, not a basket.

Parking mode is about 1-1/2" lower than normal and 4" lower than max.

It's on our todo for this weekend, so we'll see what happens.

I'll need to look for Stick in the Nose, @RhinosGoMoo.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
There's actually a pretty significant drop in parking mode. I measured it at one time and posted it . I also have a platform rack, not a basket.

Parking mode is about 1-1/2" lower than normal and 4" lower than max.

It's on our todo for this weekend, so we'll see what happens.

I'll need to look for Stick in the Nose, @RhinosGoMoo.
Cool, then you just might be able to squeeze under! You and the Mrs will have to carefully spot one another. But at the very least you can still get a nice photo... which we'll all expect to see afterwards!

·
Registered
919 Posts
That BOH run was a blast! Good memories. The sand dunes were cool too. I can't believe I drove down the steep part of the wall. Someone else here needs to try it! Easily the most puckering event I've had off road. Even more puckering than pucker pass in Moab.

Speaking of GC TH, there was one on that run we did. He bailed half way after the roots section of Cedar Tree, but not for the fault of the vehicle. Pretty sure he was stock and keeping up fine, just didn't like the pinstripes and he didn't have rock rails.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Based on previous experience with hardware failure on the trail, I now have *TWO* time-lapse cameras plus the dashcam. ;)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, this turned out to be a bust, today. We found the trail, but there was a section right at the beginning that really needed a spotter. Assuming the rest of the trail won't be any better, I'm going to see if there is any interest in a group ride and take my own advice of not going alone...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts