2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
You might be closer than that.. I'm actually in Watsonville, but I list Santa Cruz because people either have never heard of Watsonville, or in some cases they have and then won't talk to me lol.
Watsonville is well located and is adjacent to some of the most beautiful scenery in CA. I'll bet you are having fun exploring the surrounding area in your great TH! I'm closer to Monterey.

· Registered
39 Posts
My wife and I own a Billet Limited up in between SF and Sac. We've seen a few, but there aren't a ton of them yet. Saw a Black TH at DQ yesterday though. Waved and they just gave me a dumb stare while my wife laughed. Oh well.

Reactions: Jaybat

· Registered
684 Posts
Watsonville is well located and is adjacent to some of the most beautiful scenery in CA. I'll bet you are having fun exploring the surrounding area in your great TH! I'm closer to Monterey.
We've done a lil driving around, but I'll put more miles on my motorcycle in a good weekend than I have put on my Jeep in the 2 months I've had it. Still under 1000 miles on my Jeep :grin:

In the last three years, I've put about double the miles on my motorcycle as I have my car. And have explored more of California than I did in the previous 39 years living here... granted many of those years I had no choice in the matter :p

But yes, we have some really nice places to drive/ride without having to make a trip of just getting there.

· Registered
412 Posts
We've done a lil driving around, but I'll put more miles on my motorcycle in a good weekend than I have put on my Jeep in the 2 months I've had it. Still under 1000 miles on my Jeep :grin:

In the last three years, I've put about double the miles on my motorcycle as I have my car. And have explored more of California than I did in the previous 39 years living here... granted many of those years I had no choice in the matter :p

But yes, we have some really nice places to drive/ride without having to make a trip of just getting there.
Sorry @Racenut- I just saw your reply! Hopefully you've put more miles on your TH by now, and are enjoying life with your great vehicle on the Central Coast :)

· Registered
64 Posts
I was driving on Highway 1 when I saw another Cherokee driving in the opposite direction. I was so excited. I wanted to signal to the driver like people on motorcycles do, but was afraid of rejection.
There is something called the "Jeep wave", but I've yet to see it properly exchanged. Maybe the California drivers aren't hip to it?

Also, I remember hearing about some complicated caste system where the other driver doesn't have to return the wave if his Jeep model is of a higher caste than yours or meets certain other criteria. However, I think that sucks. Why can't all us Jeep owners exchange a wave and celebrate our wise decision to drive these amazing vehicles?

· Registered
11 Posts
I live in Redwood City and we've had our Granite Limited since March. Ironically a Jeep dealership opened up a block away from my house 2 weeks after we placed our order. At least I've got a service center within walking distance!

· Registered
684 Posts
Also, I remember hearing about some complicated caste system where the other driver doesn't have to return the wave if his Jeep model is of a higher caste than yours or meets certain other criteria. However, I think that sucks. Why can't all us Jeep owners exchange a wave and celebrate our wise decision to drive these amazing vehicles?
That's just ridiculous.... On my bike I even wave to scooters. ****, I even wave at HARLEYS :grin: (if someone won't wave back, it's them :p).

· Registered
88 Posts
I have been in Monterey since Wednesday and have seen 2 other KL's. Both non-Th's. One was parked on Cannery row it had colorado plates. The other was a Black limited I think, I waved at them. I believe they thought I was crazy.

· Registered
64 Posts
That's just ridiculous.... On my bike I even wave to scooters. ****, I even wave at HARLEYS :grin: (if someone won't wave back, it's them :p).
Actually, I think a Jeep salute would be more appropriate than waving. I hereby motion that California Jeep owners adopt a "salute first" policy.

· Registered
117 Posts
Sorry All.

Haven't been on the thread much lately. I have a White TH I got on 12/1. Put about 14K miles on it.

Seen a few other KLs out there.

BTW - live in San Jose. Would love to get everyone together for some Jeeping.

· Registered
512 Posts
Mine's not quite here yet, but I'm in San Jose with a new Trailhawk coming.

I've never offroaded at all before, so I'm looking to start with some basic dirt/fire roads--if I can find any. They're kind of scarce around here! Rough pavement is easier--I can just speed up and down Foxworthy and pretend it's gravel.

There's at least one other Trailhawk around here, as whoever had the absolutely gorgeous granite one that I saw at Branham and Camden a month or so ago is largely responsible for my purchase.

· Registered
272 Posts
Hey guys I am in San Jose too. My Tailhawk was ordered 11/1. I have never gone off roading before either, but I plan to after the break in period.

Reactions: geoelectric

· Registered
512 Posts
Hey guys I am in San Jose too. My Tailhawk was ordered 11/1. I have never gone off roading before either, but I plan to after the break in period.
I'm a little cautious, since I've heard that without proper rock rails it's easy to get bitten on even moderate trails, and that you're definitely going to be talking lots of little scratches and dents from stuff that gets flipped up or brushed by or whatever. So, I might wait a couple/few years before doing anything major.

But I would like to find something just challenging enough to assure me that I do have the proper zombie apocalypse escape vehicle. Some of the roads up in the Santa Cruz Mountains I've motorcycled on are serious goat trails, so that might scratch the itch a little and at least get me in the woods.

This is one of the few times I think I'll wish I was back in Georgia. The type of roads I have in mind were a lot more common there!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.