1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
385 Posts
All sales were down the past year since they had trouble even producing the vehicles. I'd wait to see all of the '22 numbers before making a call and even then production numbers and some options were still limited.

·
Registered
12,017 Posts
I'm afraid the old business model is out permanently. We won't be able to look at - and interpret - sales figures like we did before the pandemic, not for many years at least..

·
Registered
566 Posts
There is a comment in there by someone that says the Compass is also doing poorly and following the same trajectory as the Cherokee. I don't have hard numbers to look at but if true, perhaps it is more of a supply chain issue.
It's not true. It was arguably true before this year, with U.S. sales of both vehicles peaking in 2018 and then declining significantly over the next three years. But the Compass appears to have reversed this trend (thanks to its recent refresh, no doubt). 2022 U.S. Compass sales are on pace to exceed 2021's sales by about a third. In contrast, 2022 Cherokee sales have been miserable, and could end up as less than half of 2021's, which were already quite weak.

Moteover, even this gloomy analysis overlooks the fact that the Compass is much more important to Jeep than the Cherokee in the rest of the world. When Cherokee sales tank in North America, there's almost nothing else left. The Compass at least still sells in places like Europe and China.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts